Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who will we sign next

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would like either a proven striker and or a cover left back. My view on the reason for our drop off in results and the remedy is well known on here but I would settle for an experienced proven goal scorer as Jason Roberts and Kevin Phillips did for other teams in the past.

We have BZ already doing that job

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would like either a proven striker and or a cover left back. My view on the reason for our drop off in results and the remedy is well known on here but I would settle for an experienced proven goal scorer as Jason Roberts and Kevin Phillips did for other teams in the past.

Peter Crouch?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mike Williamson (Newcastle) if wages are not prohibitive?

Maybe you think we do not need another defender, but imagine of Bruno gets injured going into the last few games*? And Greer is injured as well. (*Derby and Boro and possibly the play-offs).
Whole season could get derailed like 2013-14?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he sufficient on his own?

Of course not but he is our equivalent player to the other two you mentioned. We don't need another striker at the end of his career. BZ is enough and absolute quality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mike Williamson (Newcastle) if wages are not prohibitive?

Maybe you think we do not need another defender, but imagine of Bruno gets injured going into the last few games*? And Greer is injured as well. (*Derby and Boro and possibly the play-offs).
Whole season could get derailed like 2013-14?

That can wait until just before the deadline as he is not needed at the moment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Id like to think we could find better cover than Mike Williamson

Who? Williamson is quick (nearly caught up with Buckley). He was in the correct position to stop Orlandi as well.

Experienced as well. Lots of experience propping up the rest of the Newcastle team. CH will know the player well enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
33/1 at betvictor apparently.
That is tempting odds, I'd say it's 50-50 ( if I was a better, or knew how to place an internet bet ).

And now I am inspired to make the bet, as frankly 33-1 is ridiculous.

*goes to betvictor.com*

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here