Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who is going to Newcastle ?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Son told me the cheapest way is to fly up and back same day or stay 1 night and fly back Sunday. Doesnt affect me as I drove up and back on the important day in 1979.

By the time you factor in your transport to Heathrow the rattler is surely the cheapest way? I looked around quite extensively at flights and it always showed as more expensive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
British Airways fly out of Heathrow to Newcastle

Cheapest fare £312 now for same-day trip on Saturday (unless you want to risk a flight up at 13.30, in which case £185), but more importantly return flight is at 20.30, meaning not much chance of getting to the airport on time to catch it anyway with a 17.30 KO. Going up Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday is £340.

I looked at this for Middlesborough and factoring in the travel to LHR, check in time and journey the other end it was probably quicker to drive, and certainly cheaper with 2 of us. Obviously not so far from the airport for this game, and a longer drive though.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yeah. Few beers on the train and it's all good.

Drop me a message and let me know what you are doing, I may be able to give you a hand shandy

Sweet. I'll ring the hotel and change the booking, the 8 man jacuzzi on the balcony should be available still.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Cheapest fare £312 now for same-day trip on Saturday (unless you want to risk a flight up at 13.30, in which case £185), but more importantly return flight is at 20.30, meaning not much chance of getting to the airport on time to catch it anyway with a 17.30 KO. Going up Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday is £340.

I looked at this for Middlesborough and factoring in the travel to LHR, check in time and journey the other end it was probably quicker to drive, and certainly cheaper with 2 of us. Obviously not so far from the airport for this game, and a longer drive though.

£120 fly up Friday morning return Sunday lunchtime, that's for me and my son !!

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a brief look earlier I'm sure it was cheaper than that

Not on ba.com (don't think anyone else flies direct) or skyscanner - the day trip isn't viable due to the 20.30 return, and unless you're prepared to gamble on the 13:30 up on Saturday (in which case you can do it for £195), it'll cost £322 minimum to go up Saturday morning and back on Sunday

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not on ba.com (don't think anyone else flies direct) or skyscanner - the day trip isn't viable due to the 20.30 return, and unless you're prepared to gamble on the 13:30 up on Saturday (in which case you can do it for £195), it'll cost £322 minimum to go up Saturday morning and back on Sunday

£120 fly up Friday morning return Sunday lunchtime, that's for me and my son !! Haven't booked yet as need to get time off work

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£120 fly up Friday morning return Sunday lunchtime, that's for me and my son !! Haven't booked yet as need to get time off work

If you can go very early Friday morning yes it's cheaper (as you say about £120 each)........extra night's accommodation though......

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My mates driving so all I've gotta do is kick back n relax😎

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here