Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who is going to do the Brighton Marathon 2014?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm tempted to have another go.

I hate all the training, but I'll see all the runners & the fun & games on the day and wish I was a part of it.

How about you, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ? :D

Entry for 2014 opens on the 8th April...

You can join up for 2015 today at Brighton Centre for a discounted £42.50. I aim to.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I always really feel for the bloke in the rhino costume, always looks close to extinction by the time he's cleared Preston Park.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good luck to all those doing it on Sunday, the weather forecast isn't looking too great, hopefully it won't be hammering it down too much. I can't imagine training was too much fun this winter either.

I did it in 2011 and beat [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] 's time so that was mission accomplished, no need to go through it again.

Stumpy Tim

Good luck to all those doing it on Sunday, the weather forecast isn't looking too great, hopefully it won't be hammering it down too much. I can't imagine training was too much fun this winter either.

I did it in 2011 and beat [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] 's time so that was mission accomplished, no need to go through it again.

I have more TIMBER to carry, so on a distance/weight basis I beat you handsomely

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ill be running Sunday for the REMF. I signed up in January but due to a bad foot injury sustained a week later ive not yet managed any training. I am still going to give it a go and see what happens.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ill be running Sunday for the REMF. I signed up in January but due to a bad foot injury sustained a week later ive not yet managed any training. I am still going to give it a go and see what happens.

Really? ???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have more TIMBER to carry, so on a distance/weight basis I beat you handsomely

Yes, but think of all the extra energy you could store in that TIMBER.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

So anybody who is watching and see's a guy in an REMF top struggling along near the back give me a cheer will need all the help i can get

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For anyone thinking about it, and probably thinking "I can't", you should give it a go. It's an amazing experience. I said never again, but went back for a second, and I'm now getting itchy feet and contemplating 2015.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
For anyone thinking about it, and probably thinking "I can't", you should give it a go. It's an amazing experience. I said never again, but went back for a second, and I'm now getting itchy feet and contemplating 2015.

I sometimes have itchy feet, then I remember one of my 16ish mile training runs in the pissing rain with the wind blowing towards me (even when I turned round and came back), that seems to suppress any desire to do it again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I sometimes have itchy feet, then I remember one of my 16ish mile training runs in the pissing rain with the wind blowing towards me (even when I turned round and came back), that seems to suppress any desire to do it again.

It's amazing how easily we forget those in the midst of the pre-race atmosphere & the post-finish euphoria, isn't it?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's amazing how easily we forget those in the midst of the pre-race atmosphere & the post-finish euphoria, isn't it?

Indeed, the actual marathon seems quite easy in comparison to those long training runs on your own with no support.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
After I did London I swore I would never do another. I have never felt the desire to change my mind

My second one felt so much better than the first. I think perhaps because it's not quite such the great unknown in your mind. You know you can do it, and have done it, and what it's going to feel like. I can see how that would also work against you, but I wasn't so nervous second time around as a result of knowing what to expect, and I ran a much more even pace (rather than pushing it too much at the start), which resulted in a quicker time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I remember doing a 20 miler in similar conditions. I got home with my soaked heavy metal t-shirt almost around my ankles, blood soaked shoes and shirt, fell on the floor in front of my wife and started sobbing. I've trained for another 3 since this but I have now purchased proper running tops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here