Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So. Who can STOP us ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Never been a fan of "the next x games' threads, but I definitely agreed the next 3 games (Norwich, BC, Villa) could be season defining.

BC will not be an easy game by any stretch, and the points swing against Villa could be crucial in writing off their chances of catching us, beyond the inexplicable.

7 points I wanted, and we're emphatically on track.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Never been a fan of "the next x games' threads, but I definitely agreed the next 3 games (Norwich, BC, Villa) could be season defining.

BC will not be an easy game by any stretch, and the points swing against Villa could be crucial in writing off their chances of catching us, beyond the inexplicable.

7 points I wanted, and we're emphatically on track.

Personally, I'm more confident about us getting a gritty 3 points against Villa than I am about us escaping with a point from Bristol. I just think Bristol City are a club with a feel-good factor surrounding them after rebuilding their ground and a chairman putting his money where his mouth is, and they have a settled side. Villa, on the other hand, might have good players on paper but even with managerial improvement, I will be surprised if they are not well off our standard on the pitch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seemed less urgent with Murray on song and Hemed looking good when he came on but there is always the possibility of losing either to suspension or injury.

Only Murray and Knockaert score on a regular basis - which is absolutely excellent news for those of us who like a matchday bet. :thumbsup: Hemed is admittedly an excellent taker of penalties, and Baldock is a fairly good HARRIER. Both contribute some valuable points. But, face it, both are bench-fodder at this level. There's somebody out there who is under budget and WAY better. Player Recruitment team have nothing better to do with their time. Go FIND him!

larus

Still desperately need that second proper striker.

Another good striker would be nice. However, I wouldn't say that a team with a GD of +14 and has just beaten an ex-premier league rival 5-0 is desperate for another striker.

What's really impressive is:
4 central midfielders who we can rotate without fearing the team is weakened,
4 central defenders (as above).
4/5 wingers (as above).
4 lb/rb's who are all very good.

So yes, goal scoring looks to be our possible vulnerability, but if we keep the CS record going as it is, then even without an prolific striker force, we'll still be doing fine (IMO).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another good striker would be nice. However, I wouldn't say that a team with a GD of +14 and has just beaten an ex-premier league rival 5-0 is desperate for another striker.

What's really impressive is:
4 central midfielders who we can rotate without fearing the team is weakened,
4 central defenders (as above).
4/5 wingers (as above).
4 lb/rb's who are all very good.

So yes, goal scoring looks to be our possible vulnerability, but if we keep the CS record going as it is, then even without an prolific striker force, we'll still be doing fine (IMO).

Big list of people there who aren't strikers. What if (lest we forget) on-loan Murray gets injured or suspended? ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Still desperately need that second proper striker.

Agreed. We are one injury away being weak in that area. The signing of Duffy should underline how important it is to strengthen in areas that need it even when the need may not appear urgent.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If we are in the top 4 in January Bloom will spend on a striker, I'm sure of that. We just need decent back up, not even a main striker.
Looking at our run in after mid March, (although anyone can beat anyone), it's only Derby at home and Norwich away that are the 6 pointers. As I believe Derby will get it together at some stage. The last day at Villa hopefully they have nothing to play for or are saving themselves for the playoffs. So as long as we don't have a Christmas calamity like last season and get unlucky with injuries, I don't think it will be as tight up at the top as last season. January will be a big month home to massive and Newcastle, hopefully the striking options will have been bolstered too.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
The reason I'm so confident is not that we have scoring threats all over the place it's that we are so solid at the bk to not concede in 10 games is quite remarkable we just seem to nullify teams to the point where they are completely bludgeoned into submission and we chalk up another 1-0 or whatever it must be a worrying thought for the rest of the division and surely they are thankful they only need to play us twice

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Leeds are an appallingly run club. It'll be a miracle if they make top 6.

Really? They're in the top six at the moment with a big win at Norwich. Like I said, they're my dark horses. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Leeds. 4/1 to win at Carrow Road was ridiculously overpriced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here