Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So. Who can STOP us ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Whilst the Norwich game was superb the Villa game will play a large part in defining our season. Not just because of who they are but they've just appointed Bruce, starting to see some form and will be in the mix at the end of the season, 3 pts against them and we can all breath a little easier, until the next Top 6 match!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Going by that old football cliche of one game at a time and enjoying the ride, IMHO we currently have the best squad we've had for a very long time ..just hoping we aren't hit with season ending injuries and have a good January transfer window (if it's necessary)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Norwich will bounce back especially if they get a new manager in. In spite of their poor starts, I also expect Villa and Derby under Mclaren to be in contention.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Table looks fantastic at the moment and we've got ourselves into a strong position.

The championship isn't straight forward though and the moment you start thinking and believing is normally the moment the wheels start to come off and you wobble.

For me Newcastle will win it with 100 + points then I'd say Norwich main rivals. The hope is that Saturday has really killed them and they will continue shipping goals for fun. I suspect the reality will be quite different and they will respond to this and get on a run.

Villa don't bother me , they are a long way off at the moment so happy for them to take points off our more immediate rivals (same as Derby) The game against them does concern me a bit though. Hudds , Wednesday , Birm , Bristol , Reading , yes they are all a threat but I think they lack consistency to threaten top 2. We are a level up and need to stay there now.

We do have a buffer now but its only 1 game buffer and we still got to play everyone of course. If we can increase this over the next few matches then its very hard to look beyond us for automatic.

Such a long way to go though and impossible to call. Signs look good at the moment.

The pressure has been on us for so long , having to win each week to not lose ground. It will be interesting to see what happens now we have opened up this gap. Winning at Bristol would be another huge statement. A draw be a good result though but of course that will probably mean teams right back breathing down our necks.

Exciting times , as mentioned , its there for the taking. We need to turn the screw now though !! Looking forward to Saturday.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think we only need to worry about Villa, twice this season, 1) when we play them next, 2) if we play them in the play offs. I do think top 2 for them is a big ask. Also, if they do go on a run, hopefully that will mean beating some of our rivals including Newcastle and Norwich.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mike Dean ?

Seriously, we are our own biggest threat. The job isn't done, we mustn't start thinking it is.

3 banana skins next up - Bristol (a), Villa (h) and Fulham (h).

I can see those three (and especially Bristol City and Villa) as still contenders, as are Norwich, Sheff Wed and Birmingham, and obviously Newcastle. Huddersfield might make it into the play-offs, but I'd be amazed if they made the automatic spot. That just goes to show how important the next two games are.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
We have some very tricky games coming up. If we can get through these games unscathed and still sat in 1st/2nd place then I'll be very confident.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm excitedly optimistic because of our strength at the back. Our back four look absolutely immense at the moment, and we have cover too. I just can't see us leaking too many goals, and therefore losing too many games.

For me that is exactly the correct answer. Probably every successful team I can remember at any standard has been built on a solid back four. Our back line at present, are not only compact and now a unit, they also offer overlapping full backs and both central defenders cause mayhem in our opponents goal area at corners and free kicks.
Despite those that consider we should have dug a bit deeper during the 'window' (and yes a spritely striker would have been welcome) CH has built a much stronger squad than last years.
We won't win every game we hope to, but I feel competent we can grind out enough wins, and away draws to make top 2. Or go into the playoffs (if necessary) with a squad with much more depth than last season. Again on the upside, could we ever have as much misfortune as we suffered last playoffs? :albion2:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Same as before. Norwich, Huddersfield, Fulham, Derby, Villa, MASSIVE.

But we are a much better proposition this year than last. Stronger, more squad depth, even better in defence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tricky away game on Saturday at Bristol, whereas Norwich have an "EASY" home game v Leeds...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't be fooled by this weekend.

Norwich have fantastic squad for this level. Their subs were Naismith and Brady. John Ruddy was the backup keeper.

They will be real challengers.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We are well covered for injuries and suspensions all over the pitch with the exception of up front. If Super Glenn gets crocked then we are down to Hemed and Baldock. Hemed is underrated but not as complete a player as Murray.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

This is my biggest concern. I said on another thread that, if Elvis goes in January, we'll need to bring two strikers in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tricky away game on Saturday at Bristol, whereas Norwich have an "EASY" home game v Leeds...
Leeds seem to have picked up and are only one point behind Bristol City now. I would say Norwich might be expected to win but a draw wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leeds seem to have picked up and are only one point behind Bristol City now. I would say Norwich might be expected to win but a draw wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Not sure Leeds have picked up as such. Last 6 games they've lost to Bristol, beaten Barnsley, lost to Derby, drawn with Wigan, and beaten Wolves and Burton, teams who are eminently beatable. I would expect a reaction from Norwich, I think they'll turn Leeds over. Leeds are their usual midtable fodder, just as they have been for the last 15 years or so.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

It won't be easy at all. Norwich players must have hit rock bottom in confidence. and are in bad form. There's rumours of a split in there dressing room. Leeds are starting to get there act together under Monk.

I can actually see this ending in a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here