So, we draw against Arsenal...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would we sell out away tickets for a replay at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 18477

Why not? Cov were given 9k (and took about 8.5k) in the league cup.

Can't imagine we are any more of an attractive prospect than Coventry to Arsenal fans. They do get 7 (I think) cup games on their season tickets though.

ahhhh thank you for clearing that up for me. Commentator last night said arsenal have just annouced 58,000 tickets sold for the match... clearly there wasnt 58,000 actually in attendance but i had no idea they get cup games free. thought it would just have been the posh seats like in our stadium that get them free!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Exactly. Means I won't be wrong on this one.

If we're being really petty then I'm still pretty sure everyone who wanted a ticket for Anfield got one.

I wanted one but didn't get one... although that was because I was away snowboarding and travelling back on the Sunday. Got home at midnight and put the recording of the match on straight away. Settled in and saw Lua Lua goal and thought, here we go! the rest is history. Anyway, I had a great time snowboarding!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
ahhhh thank you for clearing that up for me. Commentator last night said arsenal have just annouced 58,000 tickets sold for the match... clearly there wasnt 58,000 actually in attendance but i had no idea they get cup games free. thought it would just have been the posh seats like in our stadium that get them free!

Nope, like I said I think it's 7 games come included and it's the first 7. We have season tickets at work. The other season they were very lucky as most of the cup games were champions league games including Barcelona, when they got played of the park for the first half but still won 2-1. Anyone who thinks the place is a library wasn't there that night!!

They do tend to have allot of no shows for midweek games (even in the CL) but like us they announce the tickets sold as the attendance as opposed to bums on seats. Which does tend to get lots of moans and groans and appears to be a massive bone of contention in their (very good) fanzine The Gooner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports