Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the sacking of Wilkins was abit genius?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yes, Wilkins had to go, but why do you think Adams was not the man to replace him, Simster? As for BHADEB and BigGully - what are you trying to achieve? If it is to get Dick Knight out , then to be replaced by who? I suggest you go away (politely).

Firstly could you confirm the reasoning why you feel so convinced that Wilkins had to go, above the rather petty comments by some of the released oh I mean retained players who will have absolutely NO effect on the clubs future progress.

Many on here hold a wholly opposite view to your own and although this makes you feel uncomfortable, you will have to learn to deal with that ( politely of course )!!

Firstly could you confirm the reasoning why you feel so convinced that Wilkins had to go, above the rather petty comments by some of the released oh I mean retained players who will have absolutely NO effect on the clubs future progress.

Many on here hold a wholly opposite view to your own and although this makes you feel uncomfortable, you will have to learn to deal with that ( politely of course )!!

I hope Dr Bandler doesn't mind if I step in here...

There were comments from players that had left the club, as well as testimony from Dick Knight. It was a board decision to get rid of Wilkins, so they too must have been aware of problems (else why would they sanction it?). I'm not sure who else you expect to have said anything? Players that were kept on weren't going to get themselves in trouble by saying anything at the time, and have no reason to say anything now as a) it's irrelevant, the time has passed and b) there's a danger they could get themselves a reputation as being outspoken or a trouble maker.

The difference, as I have spelt out to you in many similar discussions before, is that the people that are pro-DK, and those that felt it was time to get rid of Wilkins, had some clear evidence to support their viewpoints. The anti-DK agenda that you and bhadeb continually pedal has NO evidence (and 'I have evidence but can't/won't tell you what it is' is NOT evidence) to support it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I hope Dr Bandler doesn't mind if I step in here...

There were comments from players that had left the club, as well as testimony from Dick Knight. It was a board decision to get rid of Wilkins, so they too must have been aware of problems (else why would they sanction it?). I'm not sure who else you expect to have said anything? Players that were kept on weren't going to get themselves in trouble by saying anything at the time, and have no reason to say anything now as a) it's irrelevant, the time has passed and b) there's a danger they could get themselves a reputation as being outspoken or a trouble maker.

The difference, as I have spelt out to you in many similar discussions before, is that the people that are pro-DK, and those that felt it was time to get rid of Wilkins, had some clear evidence to support their viewpoints. The anti-DK agenda that you and bhadeb continually pedal has NO evidence (and 'I have evidence but can't/won't tell you what it is' is NOT evidence) to support it.

So the gaggle of players that have spoken out, a pretty underwhelming bunch, has for you, indicated that any current player that has since NOT spoken out must also of been unhappy, thats clear then !!!

Nothing like a bit of spin and you clearly feel this is evidence whilst not accepting what our own views might be.

I would presume Hammond, O'Callaghan and Savage have also a view on DK's actions, remember these were first team regulars making an impact on the field of play and doing it pretty well compared to the ever missing Reid & Hart.

Of course the club has since told us that these players are renegades and greedy merceneries, whilst Reid, Hart and others were pillors of their own professions.

But if thats enough for you to presume that Wilkins should go then fine, but dont try and sound that you are in receipt of evidence that might be superior to others that hold a different view.

So the gaggle of players that have spoken out, a pretty underwhelming bunch, has for you, indicated that any current player that has since NOT spoken out must also of been unhappy, thats clear then !!!

Nothing like a bit of spin and you clearly feel this is evidence whilst not accepting what our own views might be.

I would presume Hammond, O'Callaghan and Savage have also a view on DK's actions, remember these were first team regulars making an impact on the field of play and doing it pretty well compared to the ever missing Reid & Hart.

Of course the club has since told us that these players are renegades and greedy merceneries, whilst Reid, Hart and others were pillors of their own professions.

But if thats enough for you to presume that Wilkins should go then fine, but dont try and sound that you are in receipt of evidence that might be superior to others that hold a different view.

*sigh*

Evidence that Wilkins was doing something odd;
Reid in the Argus
Hart on here
DK at the (I think it was) Fans Forum.
The fact that the board sacked him.

Evidence that it was all DKs fault;
unnamed 'source' via bhadeb.

Have I missed anything?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
*sigh*

Reid in the Argus
Hart on here

Have I missed anything?

I believe Thomson also said that when he first came here there was dressing room unrest and that didnt help him. He also said that the mood amongst the palyers is much better now.

I put the point back to BigGully "What are you trying to achieve?", "What is the end goal that would make you happy?" If you dont have one why go on? If you do have one state it - is it the sacking of Micky Adams? The resignation of Dick Knight? It is the continual carping with no apparent aim that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Can I Just Say I Am Not Ian Chapman Or Dean Wilkins - I Am Also Not Deans Wife Daughter Sister Mother Or Any Other Part Of His Family

Thank You

Don't overplay your own self-importance. Nobody actually gives a shit, people are only saying that to you because of the seemlingly un-ending drivel-piss you spout.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
*sigh*

Reid in the Argus
Hart on here

Have I missed anything?

The evidence produced by Reid, Hart was that they didnt think much of Wilkins, course they didnt, Wilkins felt that in most ways those players were irrelevent to the clubs progress, now you might think that they were the way forward but I am guessing even you might decide against that defence, so your own 'evidence ' is foolish.

Of course it is true that DK sacked him, so in his mind Wilkins was not the man for the job, I am suggesting that Wilkin's himself might have a view of DK own role in certain issues that he himself found unacceptible.

There was always going to be one winner, and it was never Wilkins.

But when you posted saying 'Wilkins had to go' I had hoped you might of offered something a little enlightening than the recycled Reid & Hart got the hump. Big Deal.

So thats your evidence is it .... ??

Bhadeb's looking a more credible witness than you !!!

Comparing our first 3 home games from last season makes interesting reading

Northampton WON 2-1

Southend WON 3-2

Millwall WON 3-0

8 for an 3 against and some highly entertaining football.

I'm not sure we've had 8 shots on target so far and no matter how good our away record, we won't get close to the playoffs by the end of the season if we maintain the current levels.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I believe Thomson also said that when he first came here there was dressing room unrest and that didnt help him. He also said that the mood amongst the palyers is much better now.

I put the point back to BigGully "What are you trying to achieve?", "What is the end goal that would make you happy?" If you dont have one why go on? If you do have one state it - is it the sacking of Micky Adams? The resignation of Dick Knight? It is the continual carping with no apparent aim that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I am not too sure if Thomson did say that, but he did intimate that he was now happier in training.

I have to say that I am not too bothered how a few individuals feel within a group of players, their own agendas and gripes become irrelevant if the team is doing well and they are generally seen as negative influence within clubs and therefore most are moved on swiftly.

Any manager will only ever keep players that are part of the starting 11 happy, others will become unhappy and even become unsettled, at present Lynch and maybe another couple are at present disappointed at MA appointment, they too at present have no relevance.

I would suspect that Wilkins did bring in a level of professionalism that some players might of been uncomfortable with, that really isn't the managers problem that is the players problem

I have a view and its opposed to yours, when I voice an opinion you choose to call it 'carping' and when you post a view you offer it as fact.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BigGully said:
...Of course it is true that DK sacked him, so in his mind Wilkins was not the man for the job, I am suggesting that Wilkin's himself might have a view of DK own role in certain issues that he himself found unacceptible.

But not so unacceptable as to resign (a la Keegan, Curbishley etc..)?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...I would suspect that Wilkins did bring in a level of professionalism that some players might of been uncomfortable with, that really isn't the managers problem that is the players problem.

Neither of the two senior players I have spoken to, with years of experience between them of many different managers and management/coaching styles at all levels of football, described it as 'professionalism'.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
But not so unacceptable as to resign (a la Keegan, Curbishley etc..)?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Maybe it is slightly easier to resign out of principle when you have a few million quid in the bank and an outstanding managerial CV to hand, to move on to your next multi million pound job, wouldnt you say ??

Sour grapes, I am not aware of any comments by Wilkins about anyone within the club, are you ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Neither of the two senior players I have spoken to, with years of experience between them of many different managers and management/coaching styles at all levels of football, described it as 'professionalism'.

What did they say, then ?

I am assuming the two senior players were playing regularly for the first team and neither of them carrying perhaps a stone or two too much weight when you were discussing professionalism eh !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here