Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's why palace didn't take Malkay.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The full LMA statement
The LMA apologises for some of its wording, in its release yesterday, which was inappropriate and has been perceived to trivialise matters of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature. That was certainly not our intention.

It is beyond argument that any comments that are discriminatory, even used in private, are totally unacceptable. The LMA remains absolutely aware of our responsibility to the game and to promote and uphold the highest standards of behaviour.

The LMA will not be commenting further on the allegations relating to Malky Mackay whilst The FA conducts its investigation, other than to repeat that both the LMA and Malky will be cooperating fully.

We will continue to work with all of the game's stakeholders to address the important issues of respect and discriminatory behaviour in all its forms.
http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7419.html

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The LMA - Love Making Apologies

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The LMA - Love Making Apologies

About time. I know the LMA is in effect the Managers 'union' and therefore it's role is to protect members interests - but some of the stuff they came out with during Poyet's discipline investigation was cringe worthy, but not surprising.

However their original statement on the Mackay matters was shameful and woefully out of touch with what is acceptable towards diverse minority groups, when the LMA is there to represent it's own diverse membership.

The whole matter does not reflect well on football. Fortunately there are plenty of good people out there too.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
About time. I know the LMA is in effect the Managers 'union' and therefore it's role is to protect members interests - but some of the stuff they came out with during Poyet's discipline investigation was cringe worthy, but not surprising.

However their original statement on the Mackay matters was shameful and woefully out of touch with what is acceptable towards diverse minority groups, when the LMA is there to represent it's own diverse membership.

The whole matter does not reflect well on football. Fortunately there are plenty of good people out there too.

Certainly doesn't reflect well on the LMA!

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Redknapp has poked his nose in as usual saying that Mackey isn't a murderer, hasn't raped anyone and isn't a paedophile so is a decent chap really.
Good 'ol Arry

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Cardiff are now calling for the resignation of LMA Chief Exec Richard Bevan

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It better not be another text Iain

ce95fc16a29466d7663cecb77753f8b7.jpg

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
And how exactly does the word "atrocious" apply in this case? A few words which were meant to be communicated in private. The world needs to man up.

Lol

You do realise that that statement will upset a few.......

Got to agree with you here. It's one thing if you publish stuff on Twitter or Facebook, but seriously, shouldn't private texts be immune from scrutiny. None of what has been written is illegal; they just shows some unpleasant viewpoints that a man or woman are free to have in this country.

The atrocious applied to the ISIS (or whatever we a calling them now) it doesn't apply to Malky (except his dress sense). The point is
it's perfectly possible to have an opinion on several things at once. I also realise that to homophobes, sexist, racists and their apologists it is small beer, banter if you, like but to others it is more important.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's not getting any better!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...f-City-Malaysian-owner-Vincent-Tan-chink.html

"On June 5 last year, Mackay, then manager of Cardiff, contacted the club’s head of recruitment, Moody, about a player they were trying to sign. A message was sent from Mackay’s phone that read: ‘Not taking no for an answer from the chink until the 20th time or unless somebody big blows us out of the water. Can you tell him that.’
Tan controlled club finances at the time and investigators at Cardiff are understood to be confident it is Tan to whom Mackay refers.
A week later came another illuminating exchange, offering what appears to be a startling observation about Mackay. At the time, Mackay was concerned that a player they were pursuing had been linked with a rival club. He relayed his feelings to Moody, who replied: ‘He told me he had an offer to go there but will never accept because the manager is a racist. Thankfully he hasn’t met you.’"

"It is understood the former Watford manager was inadvertently forwarded an email from a gay season-ticket holder at Vicarage Road, who had contacted that club complaining of feeling intimidated by homophobic chants during a match between Watford and Brighton. Mackay is said to have forwarded the email to Moody, apparently declaring ironically: ‘A must read!!’
Finally, a reference to a female colleague in an exchange of emails does not reflect well on Mackay either. Mackay had complained that the trouser press in his hotel room was not working. One colleague suggests he get a female colleague to fix it. ‘She can’t,’ Mackay replied. She’s shovelling **** for my roses.’"

It's nice that the mail let him dig himself a massive hole before they released more texts!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He sounds like a fun bloke to be honest(sense of humor)i find it all quiet funny to be honest...He obviously was very angry with tan and people will always look to find a way of upsetting people by using certain words.

I hope it just blows over as its really not that big a deal...Millions of Brits do this sort of thing every day to be fair:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, gay snakes. I'd forgotten all about the gay snakes :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here