Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] So, Swiss Andy

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
He looked okay but I would be amazed if he is the quality we leave to move up the table at this age. With Connolly now injured and Welbecks fitness issue we need another genuine option. Maybe that’s Andone or Tau but we need more than Swiss Andy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks a bit crap to me.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought he looked OK - good knock down for the Maupay penalty, and played a part in Dunk's equalise (helped create the space for Dunk's run). A few poor touches, but lots of energy, and reasonable presence. A huge step up from the Swiss second division - so give the guy a chance!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He was like a puppy up front, with all those attributes. He made me laugh yet believe somehow, he loved it when Dunk scored which i loved. He could be a cult hero for me. He also has a cool name.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
He has loads of energy which may inspire some of our other strikers not to amble into the oppositions box as if they were on a sunday afternoon stroll.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was like a puppy up front, with all those attributes. He made me laugh yet believe somehow, he loved it when Dunk scored which i loved. He could be a cult hero for me. He also has a cool name.

[tweet]1345441867157172234[/tweet]

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Will be able to gauge his level more after he plays against Newport, he looked keen and eager to impress which is better than strolling around the pitch waiting for the ball to come to him.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Three thoughts...

He worked his ass off, ran like a complete idiot. I like it.

He sneakily pulled away the player that was about to challenge Dunk for the third goal. I like it.

He was also pretty... bad.

All in all I think he could turn into something... but that six months in the Championship would be healthy for him.

He can have 12 months next season. :ffsparr:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, he's just turned up from the Swiss second division, made a couple of substitute appearances on the hardest league in the world, and has made contributions and not looked out of place. That's a pretty f*cking promising start if you ask me.

The idea that there are people analysing his every touch during these 55 minutes or so on the pitch, and making definitive judgements on him based on that is SO NSC.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Whether he’s much cop, who knows after 45 minutes? A good flick for Maupay, a poor miss. But his attitude was absolutely bang on, so no reason not to get behind him.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
He looks like a promising prospect, I wasn't massively impressed but I'm not expecting him to knock in 15+ goals. What's encouraging is that he WANTS to go forward, he WANTS to create opportunity and doesn't appear to be too scared to take a shot either.

I think him and Maupay should start against City and which of the two's not done as well gets replace around 75 mins for Welbeck. Assuming we're not 5-0 down of course.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Lots of endeavour, and decent movement for a youngster with little experience. A game at Newport next week will give the NSC intelligentsia a better chance of assessment.

His Swiss second division background doesn't bother me. There's plenty of good players with similar rudimentary beginnings, that go to Serie A or the Bundesliga for a few years and then get sold at vastly inflated sums, usually to Chelsea or Man City. He's already had a spell at the Juventus, ah, youth team, so there is calibre there.

Besides which, footballers whose names begin with the letter 'z' always sound cool. Zico, Ze Roberto, Zidane, Zola, Zamora....... can't think of any others.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Lots of endeavour, and decent movement for a youngster with little experience. A game at Newport next week will give the NSC intelligentsia a better chance of assessment.

His Swiss second division background doesn't bother me. There's plenty of good players with similar rudimentary beginnings, that go to Serie A or the Bundesliga for a few years and then get sold at vastly inflated sums, usually to Chelsea or Man City. He's already had a spell at the Juventus, ah, youth team, so there is calibre there.

Besides which, footballers whose names begin with the letter 'z' always sound cool. Zico, Ze Roberto, Zidane, Zola, Zamora....... can't think of any others.

Zesh Rehman.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji123] brilliant post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here