Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] So, Swiss Andy

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm just pointing out that it would be folly to be expecting goal scoring miracles when scrapping at the bottom of the best in the world, when the guy is 21 and has two PL sub appearances and 28 goals in the Swiss second division to his name. I would expect a few seasons of loans in the Championship. If he banged in 20+ at that level, then we'll take a look.

He's playing because there is nobody else.

Agreed, and he did a solid job

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought he looked decent tonight, Arial threat, good link up play and never gave up with the amount of running he did.

Personally he should start against city as our outlet

Ignore the sitter, we obviously train for this as a club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with your asesment with regards he should start the next match I don't think we will have much option

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hopefully he'll start against Newport.

The minutes (albeit against lower-level opposition) would do him good, I think.

Good advice i'd say.
Sprinted a lot in the half he had, but generally looked chaotic and ungainly. Has some work to do to get into the rhythm, and mature to know when and where to scarper.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That miss after Webster’s header hit the bar was terrible. We need someone to put these in. He definitely helped second half but he doesn’t look quick or that strong and that finish doesn’t feel me with massive hope. Great tackle against Traore mind. He’s a better forward than Jahanbaksh or Macallister though isn’t he Potter. Thanks again for that forward line V Arsenal.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.”

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Certainly a better option than the freak show we had up front against Arsenal

If Pooter is stupid enough to rest Welbeck, Connolly, Maupay and Trossard again (looks even crazier written down) then start with Swiss Andy up front...

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
That miss after Webster’s header hit the bar was terrible. We need someone to put these in. He definitely helped second half but he doesn’t look quick or that strong and that finish doesn’t feel me with massive hope. Great tackle against Traore mind. He’s a better forward than Jahanbaksh or Macallister though isn’t he Potter. Thanks again for that forward line V Arsenal.

This.

That freak show up front against Arsenal made no sense

Not sure the result today made up for the Arsenal team selection decisions

What Pooter did was disgusting. A shameful act. Arsenal were there for the taking

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
He did enough to unsettle their defence with his energy, did have 2 gilt edged chances which he didn't take. Deserves more time.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
There were a number of posts on the match post that were slating the players for a lack of effort and interest well Swiss Andi came on and clearly gave a toss!

We were three one down when he came on and although he was not solely responsible he was involved in the penalty very early on which then gave us the momentum to continue

He’s had far less time than the other available strikers but already getting the same grief from some parties

Give him a run, he’ll score goals

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It was a bold decision to play him after he was written off against Sheffield United.

He did all right but maybe a bit of a fairy. He needs to do some work with the conditioner coach.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One for the future.

We're in deep s*** . Right now.

We need someone up there who scores from five yards and will take a snap shot when in space in the box

Helping a young man learn his trade isn't a luxury we can current afford

Positive running, but we need more

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
At first, I thought "No, he's not up to it" but as the game went on I warmed to him.

It was good that Connolly and Maupay both scored (for some reason I KNEW Neil would score that pen). If Zeqiri can get a goal soon, I think he will be a good addition to the squad.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Looked enthusiastic, lots of running, but way out of premier league standard at present needs a loan out to Championship to get toughened up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here