Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how many Season ticket holders for next season?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you think that PB could be spinning the figures to make people renew thinking that match day tickets won't be as easy to get as we think? I find a 90% renewal figure slightly unbelievable.

90% sounds about right , the club ****ed up big time August to December but has made some amends and a recovery of sorts which bodes well for 2015/2016 if the changes are in the pipeline.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Average Crowds/tickets sold this season are actually on track to be higher than they were in 2012/13 and not far behind 2013/14; the highest ever in the entire history of the club. And ST sales, even considering our disappointing season, are likely to be down by only 5% contrary to nearly all predictions. Perhaps people quite like going to the Albion. How do you explain that PPF ?

although real actual bums on seats are probably the lowest in the Amex era

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
although real actual bums on seats are probably the lowest in the Amex era

This is a bit of a myth. We've always like most clubs had ST holder/1901 no shows due to holidays, midweek games etc.
And we had one game against Wigan on a foul Tuesday night, on our worst run of form for years. when reports say 16K actually went through the turnstiles. The other odd thing thats as 90% have renewed tickets , thats a lot (19K+) of people paying for something they don't use.

PS: Going today ? Good luck finding an empty seat. It'll be packed.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Really ? Going today ? Good luck finding an empty seat.

yes going today. like i have every home game. are you really suggesting that real attendance figures are higher or even on a par with previous seasons. don't you see all the empty seats at each home game?

today may be an exception but over the season people through the turnstiles is quite clearly down on previous years. you only have to compare the queues to get a drink or a pie, even if you ignore the empty seats.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
yes going today. like i have every home game. are you really suggesting that real attendance figures are higher or even on a par with previous seasons. don't you see all the empty seats at each home game?

today may be an exception but over the season people through the turnstiles is quite clearly down on previous years. you only have to compare the queues to get a drink or a pie, even if you ignore the empty seats.

Of course. I'm going too and looking forward.

And agreed certain midweek matches there have been a fair few non attendances from ST holders. But i also remember seeing empty seats for every season at the Amex. And agreed its a bit of inexact science as club don't ever reveal figures.
Staffing for catering is also not a complete as a model to indicate attendance as it varies depending on game , time , methods of payment, training etc .

The odd thing though is that if assumption is that we have a vast group of supporters who stay at home then why have nearly all of them renewed their ticket. Expensive thing if you don't use it.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Do you think that PB could be spinning the figures to make people renew thinking that match day tickets won't be as easy to get as we think? I find a 90% renewal figure slightly unbelievable.

Possible but unlikely even for him surely. Hugely impressive support if true; to get 20k season ticket sales after the dross and bullshit this year is absolutely outstanding support. I really hope it doesn't encourage Barber to take the p1ss moving forward.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This is a bit of a myth. We've always like most clubs had ST holder/1901 no shows due to holidays, midweek games etc.
And we had one game against Wigan on a foul Tuesday night, on our worst run of form for years. when reports say 16K actually went through the turnstiles. The other odd thing thats as 90% have renewed tickets , thats a lot (19K+) of people paying for something they don't use.

PS: Going today ? Good luck finding an empty seat. It'll be packed.

We are not like a lot of other clubs. Other clubs have far less season ticket holders and hence actual attendances are not as far off tickets sold as they are with us. 10 % no show for us is 2000, for most other clubs it is less than half that. Also the case that more season ticket holders means a greater percentage of no shows, as the midweek Wigan game proves.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Point being even at our lowest estimated crowd of 16k v Wigan on a wet Tuesday night while really struggling at the bottom end of the table would be a fantastic crowd for many in our division. We are on course for near 20k season tickets so the revenue will still be coming in regularly and the attendances will be averaging over 20k. Really good times and other clubs will envy those figures. Match day show ups will depend how well we are doing but that is reflected in most clubs. We have taken a dip from the new stadium effect but not as badly as I or many others imagined.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are not like a lot of other clubs. Other clubs have far less season ticket holders and hence actual attendances are not as far off tickets sold as they are with us. 10 % no show for us is 2000, for most other clubs it is less than half that. Also the case that more season ticket holders means a greater percentage of no shows, as the midweek Wigan game proves.

Given that the club don't quote figures and no other club does either then its really hard to do comparisons with other clubs as to percentage of no shows. How do you know ?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If only down 10% at this stage, possibly with a bubbly end to the season, a few exciting signings a la Kayal in the summer, and I am pleasantly surprised and delighted that the JCL's are sticking with the Albion for the ride.

Feb 14, 2010
If only down 10% at this stage, possibly with a bubbly end to the season, a few exciting signings a la Kayal in the summer, and I am pleasantly surprised and delighted that the JCL's are sticking with the Albion for the ride.

Just a thought but has it occurred to you that the JCL as you call them are mainly from the same Albion families that turned up to watch say Albion in a 34000 crowd against Rochdale at home in the third division. However serial decline since dropping out of div 1, a dreadful side for 30 odd years, football's decline in the 1980's and then constant lower league football duing footballs subsequent rise, culminating in losing the Goldstone and then Gillingham / Withdean, might have affected things before Falmer. Albion are just back on theior feet that's all, but have not even started the journey to its potential as we still play (badly this season) lower league football. Just a thought for you. As ever, Brighton will be one of the best supported teams for the division they play in and so the Argus said, the 15th best supported in the country. Would be handy if we had the 15th best team the country to match wouldn't it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Just a thought but has it occurred to you that the JCL as you call them are mainly from the same Albion families that turned up to watch say Albion in a 34000 crowd against Rochdale at home in the third division. However serial decline since dropping out of div 1, a dreadful side for 30 odd years, football's decline in the 1980's and then constant lower league football duing footballs subsequent rise, culminating in losing the Goldstone and then Gillingham / Withdean, might have affected things before Falmer. Albion are just back on theior feet that's all, but have not even started the journey to its potential as we still play (badly this season) lower league football. Just a thought for you. As ever, Brighton will be one of the best supported teams for the division they play in and so the Argus said, the 15th best supported in the country. Would be handy if we had the 15th best team the country to match wouldn't it.

no shit Sherlock. just a thought ha ha!

I was wondering about those fans who have a 'first team' (going by the half n half scarfs there are quite a few), not born in Sussex but have moved here for whatever reason. I know a few and I'm delighted, if a little surprised, that they seem to be sticking with the Albion.

keep up the good work but there's still some way to go to perfect
your patronising style !

Feb 14, 2010
no shit Sherlock. just a thought ha ha!

I was wondering about those fans who have a 'first team' (going by the half n half scarfs there are quite a few), not born in Sussex but have moved here for whatever reason. I know a few and I'm delighted, if a little surprised, that they seem to be sticking with the Albion.

keep up the good work but there's still some way to go to perfect

your patronising style !

Apologies, didnt mean to patronise but am trying to debunk a rubbish myth about the Albion. As for half/half scarves, well i spend most football watching time not at Albion games these days as I'm London based. Half/Half scarves are at all the London grounds and are just a part of football these days. It doesnt make the wearer a JCL. Incidentally, all the hand wringing about season ticket holders not being at every game and so sales different to people through the gate being different is also everywhere, especially at the larger clubs. I just mention as I know NSC has that as a JCL related topic. Bottom line is, 15 best supported club in the country according to the Argus, now lets get the 15th best team in the country and see where this club could go.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Anyone know when Season Tickets move from being on sale to Bronze and Young Seagulls Plus members only to general sale? A newbie here waiting to add to the ST total for next season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Drop or call in, you won't get turned away

Isn't there a lengthy waiting list that needs to be run through before the club can consider selling season tickets on general sale? When I cancelled mine I was warned that i would go straight to the bottom of this lengthy list and hence run the real risk of failing to secure a season ticket should I subsequently change my mind.

Based on this 'fact' I'm very surprised that the barber isn't declaring 23000 season ticket holders as a result of this strong waiting list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here