Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... Fulham, about that £5m

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Oh I see, you've got a personal issue with him.

That makes more sense. (still don't understand the Titus Bramble comparisons)

Nope, not all. But I have been told a few similar things from friends who have witnessed them personally past but we will wait and see if these reports are correct! Any way you obviously love Lewis so let's just disagree on him and hope you prove me wrong in the long term.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Barnes haters have got a new scapegoat

Rose tinted spectacles over here please!

I was pleased when he stayed, but his record this season ain't great.

Just recently, sent off costing us the game against QPR, tonight gave the goal away, almost did it again, and should have been sent off earlier. Just two matches, even the Ipshit fans were goading him tonight. Needs a rest but we are unable to do that right now, I fear for him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nope, not all. But I have been told a few similar things from friends who have witnessed them personally past but we will wait and see if these reports are correct! Any way you obviously love Lewis so let's just disagree on him and hope you prove me wrong in the long term.

I have a feeling your friends may be suffering from jealousy.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Barnes was a great all round player, fantastic at getting back and helping the defenders. He missed a few good chances as do all strikers :shrug:

I thought he was a good player for us. It just seemed whenever we lost, Barnes was always to blame according to our fans.

The pattern seems to continue.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry, I didn't have him anywhere near our player of the season. He has always been full of mistakes. He managed to get a new 5 year contract by playing the club when Fulham showed some interest. It all about opinions you are welcome to yours but I disagree with you. Dunk never make a top player IMHO!

Couldn't agree more, I'd have taken £3.5m in the Summer for the very reasons you state, when it got to £5m it seemed like madness to turn it down. He clearly does try very hard and does lots of positive things, tonight he was very assured until that mistake, but the trouble is as you say, it can happen every game.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Should have given away a penalty against Milton Keynes.
Gave away the penalty at Burnley.
Sent off against QPR.
Mistake for the goal tonight.

Tonight was not an isolated incident. There's a lot to like about Dunk but he is error prone and detrimental to the team at the moment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can't seem to get the search function to find it - possibly because I'm using an iPad - but I'd be interested in the reading the posts on the thread relating to Lewis Dunk to Fulham for 4-5m from back in August if anyone else would care to bounce it.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Shocking period tonight, fouled their player in the box, somehow not given, slipped for their goal, then did the same thing minutes later. Pretty decent game apart from that, but could easily have conceded 3 goals from his mistakes. Cost us the game against QPR and conceded a penalty against Burnley. Too many mistakes. I like Dunk, but he really needs to knuckle down and work on his concentration. That penalty today, right in front of the North, we were all watching his leg snake out to trip the guy, all collectively thinking "NNOOOOO!!!"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk has all the attributes of a top quality centre half bar one. If he can't maintain concentration and keeps on gifting teams goals and chances then we're better of with Greer, Hunemeier, Goldson and a pile of cash.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many significant mistakes does Dunk have to make before people stop trying to make out like he is being made a scapegoat?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I just can't believe the op didn't do their research and realise Fulham can't buy anyone in the window. Kind of makes the thread title redundant

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should have given away a penalty against Milton Keynes.
Gave away the penalty at Burnley.
Sent off against QPR.
Mistake for the goal tonight.

Tonight was not an isolated incident. There's a lot to like about Dunk but he is error prone and detrimental to the team at the moment.

Dunk is having to cover for our second choice RB playing at LB, at the moment, as well as his own position. If anything, he's trying too hard. Cut him some slack.
Ipswich's goal was actually an own goal, as it hit the post and rebounded out hitting our player (Goldson?) and then into the net. Dunk was beaten but the goal was unlucky.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Dunk is having to cover for our second choice RB playing at LB, at the moment, as well as his own position. If anything, he's trying too hard. Cut him some slack.
Ipswich's goal was actually an own goal, as it hit the post and rebounded out hitting our player (Goldson?) and then into the net. Dunk was beaten but the goal was unlucky.

I thought this too but was too far from the screens to see the replay well enough. can't blame Goldstone just unlucky.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Dunk was beaten? Please don't talk bollocks he failed to control the ball the only thing beating Dunk was Dunk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here