So do you reckon the cup game v Liverpool will be on the Tuesday or Wednesday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
i SEE where your coming from (believe it or not)

doubt it had been organised that quickly to be fair, liverpool haven't announced anything yet also

it may not be just be down to our game as leeds and utd are in the same position as us

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
This morning the Sky Sports website said that they were showing Brighton v Liverpool on the Friday night when we were due to be playing Leeds. It's now been changed back to Brighton v Leeds.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Doesn't the announcement at the ground on Saturday and my photo of a lightbox billboard also from the ground on Saturday and pasted above indicate the game is on Tuesday?

Would the relevant parties from both clubs been able to sort things out and agree to this in this short space of time when they both had an important league game at the same time?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would the relevant parties from both clubs been able to sort things out and agree to this in this short space of time when they both had an important league game at the same time?

I have no idea. I'm just going by the announcement I heard, and then saw, at the ground on Saturday.

I'm going to stick with the Albion over NSC on this one :)

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If Liverpool goes to Wednesday, then presumably Leeds will have to go to Sunday lunchtime (to avoid alcohol problems with away fans), which might then mean Palace moving to Wednesday.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
If Liverpool goes to Wednesday, then presumably Leeds will have to go to Sunday lunchtime (to avoid alcohol problems with away fans), which might then mean Palace moving to Wednesday.

Leeds was moved due to the Universities open weekend, it most certainly wont be on a Sunda

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm fairly certain no league game will be rescheduled to fit in with the Carling Cup, the league will always take priority.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I don't know what all this about Liverpool resting key players is about. They are professional athletes and I'm sure they can manage 2 games in a short period of time. It's what they train their bodies to do!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
How about we stick to our guns and say to Liverpool & Sky, its Tuesday......like it or lump it. Why should we compromise and have it on the Wednesday with us only having two days rest till the Leeds game, which is staying put on the Friday night unless it is moved altogether.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure that Sky/TV will want to show The Leeds Utd against Man Utd and Fulham V Chelsea.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Im sure that Sky/TV will want to show The Leeds Utd against Man Utd and Fulham V Chelsea.

Sadly I think you are right, for the umpteenth time the TV viewer will get one or the other of these.

Possibly it might even be both as Leeds take on ManUre (reserves) on the Tuesday and it will be Fulham (reserves) v Chelski (reserves) on the Wed. If we are playing on Friday we will play on Tuesday night, the same night as Leeds.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Comment From Jude
Hi andy (Naylor) - what day do u think the lliverpool game will be ???
1:32
Tuesday. Leeds on Friday cannot be moved. It was switched in the first place on police advice due to a clash with University intakes, not because of the coincidental Sky coverage. Liverpool are at Spurs the Sunday lunchtime before their Amex visit but that still gives them more preparation time than Albion would have with a switch to Wednesday.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Hopefully wednesday as its my Birthday, and hopefully the best present i will get, fingers crossed.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Comment From Jude
Hi andy (Naylor) - what day do u think the lliverpool game will be ???
1:32
Tuesday. Leeds on Friday cannot be moved. It was switched in the first place on police advice due to a clash with University intakes, not because of the coincidental Sky coverage. Liverpool are at Spurs the Sunday lunchtime before their Amex visit but that still gives them more preparation time than Albion would have with a switch to Wednesday.

But Liverpool will have to travel further. Both games for them are Aways, whereas both Brighton games are Homes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports