Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So do you reckon the cup game v Liverpool will be on the Tuesday or Wednesday?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Liverpool play at Spurs on the Sunday before the cup midweek, so won't want the game to be on the Tuesday as they'd only have one day off in between. Whilst Brighton won't want the Wednesday as they'd only have a day off before hosting Leeds on the Friday night.

I reckon it might be the Tuesday as Liverpool would get marginally more time between games than Brighton, what with their weekend game being an earlier kick off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm confused as it was announced as the 20th at the ground after full time on Saturday. I took a photo of a video billboard advertising it as the 20th.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will be the Tuesday

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I thought I heard that but the bloke telling me (club staff) didn't seem too sure. Excellent if it is.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I would expect it to be the Tuesday. Pain if it is as I'm on nights and can't make it. Wednesday would be perfect. Nadgers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought I heard that but the bloke telling me (club staff) didn't seem too sure. Excellent if it is.

cid:70718A38-9416-4F74-8E12-83FBBBCED521/photo.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I'll take your word for it, cheers. Seems odd, no one seems to have announced what day their games are gonna be on yet. Waiting for Sky's go ahead perhaps?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here you go

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,182

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
My first thought was our game with Leeds would be re-arranged and thus we'd loose the TV money. Tuesday would be excellent if they play Sunday :thumbsup:

Except that the Leeds v Man U match will almost certainly be on TV - either Weds or Thurs. My first thought when I saw the draw was that the Leeds match would be put back at least to Sat and possibly Sun.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I thought Liverpool were playing Wolves on the Sunday.?
If so they are not going to want to play just two day later.
Likewise if its on the Wednesday we are not going to want to play two days later against leeds/

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It could be different week altogether as neither tuesday or wednesday will suit both clubs.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
manure play on the sunday too, so hopefully they will play as a tv game on the wednesday giving leeds two days rest

we hopefully play ours on the tuesday, if the game is not played then i'll imagine it will be week commencing 3rd october

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
they could bring it forward to the 14th sept, i know they are playing some round 2 games then

Doesn't the announcement at the ground on Saturday and my photo of a lightbox billboard also from the ground on Saturday and pasted above indicate the game is on Tuesday?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here