Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking in the toilets.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Avoidable restrictions invading upon peoples enjoyment yet again. Boring.

WEll, "avoidable restrictions" brought in as a result of the deaths of 56 football fans from a fire at a football match caused by a lit cigarette being dropped.

thumbnail.aspx

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
'Tends to' is overstating it by a significant amount. Every single smoker contributes to second hand smoke, it's virtually impossible to smoke without poisoning the air for other people. The majority of people who drink do not indulge in violence and pissing in door ways.

But drinkers breathe their alcohol breath over everyone. Some go too far and get violent or aggressive, others even beat up their wives and/or children. Try spending a Saturday night in the casualty department of a hospital, and count how many are NOT in there because of alcohol.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably not. Second hand drunkenness has never been reported, as far as I know, so one person's choice to risk their own health (in extreme circumstances) doesn't automatically risk others' health.
This doesn't seem to work with other drugs, as far as the Government's concerned.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
But drinkers breathe their alcohol breath over everyone. Some go too far and get violent or aggressive, others even beat up their wives and/or children. Try spending a Saturday night in the casualty department of a hospital, and count how many are NOT in there because of alcohol.

See, I'd argue that none of them are in the because of alcohol. They're there for one of the following reasons:

a) They can't control themselves;
b) They're wankers.
c) They were attacked by a or b.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
WEll, "avoidable restrictions" brought in as a result of the deaths of 56 football fans from a fire at a football match caused by a lit cigarette being dropped.

thumbnail.aspx

Are you mad.

Slight difference in the ground standards you f***ing fruit.

thumbnail.aspx

No-one is advocating smoking IN the ground or the stands mate. The whole discussion is based around being let out at half time for a smoke.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
See, I'd argue that none of them are in the because of alcohol. They're there for one of the following reasons:

a) They can't control themselves;
b) They're wankers.
c) They were attacked by a or b.

And I would add that they are still in a minority of drinkers, even if drinkers did make up the majority of in patients in a&e on a friday/saturday night.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Couple of hours to go without a cigarette, bloodyhell, anyone would think it was some kind of abuse of human rights. Surely the club are doing you a favour giving your body a good couple of hours without the toxic intake?

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

thumbnail.aspx

Agreed Storer clearly a good lesson. Which is why we don't make stadiums out of wood! Seriously though we are not in the '80's any more.

I am all for smoking being restricted as many people don't like it but it is not beyond the wit of man to have a safe smoking area or be let outside ffs. Clearly some people need it if they are smoking in the bog.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Go on... How? Wear spacesuits with indiviual filtration systems? Smoke inside really long individual had chimneys to filter the smoke out high above?

but this is all about how smokers should be allowed outside to smoke. Or are smokers causing global warming now?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
but this is all about how smokers should be allowed outside to smoke. Or are smokers causing global warming now?

No, it's not. My last few posts in this thread is in the branched topic of the possibility of drinking being banned because smoking was, and ighlighting the differences between smoking and drinking as to why I think that isn't the case.

Smoking outside at half-time I don't have an issue with because only people wanting to smoke will be out there. It's rather annoying at full time walking out through the cloud of smoke from people who have lit up as soon as they're out the door, and then trying to walk past the train queues where others have lit up. Maybe this would reduce if they were allowed one at half time, meaning they'd be able to walk further away from the stadium before lighting up.

But just being outside isn't enough to stop smoke getting in non-smokers faces (and lungs).

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Smokers are allowed outside to smoke. Just not at football grounds. You'd have to go outside of the stadium complex completely - and that would mean that your ticket would not let you back in. Just learn to manage for an hour without fag - its can't be THAT difficult:wozza:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here