[Albion] Small sections of our away support at FGR

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
You were probably stood in front of us!

Far end of the uncovered terrace, just before the 'covered' bit. The chat amongst the stewards was quite amusing, nothing they haven't seen or heard before...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Blimey, I must have lived a boring football fan life.
I hardly ever went with anyone else to football, besides a girlfriend, now and again. Didn’t have a drink because I didn’t live near Brighton and was driving, and have never touched ‘ the powder’ in my life and steered clear of any aggro.
When I got home, win, lose or draw,I invariably enjoyed a drink in the pub afterwards and that was that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair old boy, I’ve done things in football grounds and related outside areas at Albion games that I now cringe about, maybe I am getting old and not going to as many away games as I’d like to, but what I saw last night was on a different level.

It really wasn’t………London games tend to be the worst IMO.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Agree there was some terrible songs last night, that enciso one didn't even rhyme, or make sense, you cannot rhyme 'Paraguay' and 'Murder Ya', I can only apologise for forgetting the words of the Undav one I made up half way through, after deciding to sing it. I don't really like the use of the c word, and some people were very trigger happy on it, don't get why some people are so venemous to players it can get a bit much. There was a section of people who seemed coked up completely, think they were causing the problems, they seemed to be the far right, as I was central-ish and they were down there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agree there was some terrible songs last night, that enciso one didn't even rhyme, or make sense, you cannot rhyme 'Paraguay' and 'Murder Ya', I can only apologise for forgetting the words of the Undav one I made up half way through, after deciding to sing it. I don't really like the use of the c word, and some people were very trigger happy on it, don't get why some people are so venemous to players it can get a bit much. There was a section of people who seemed coked up completely, think they were causing the problems, they seemed to be the far right, as I was central-ish and they were down there.

Sounds about right...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] sometimes tells a story on here of a mid week away at Swindon which would have been late 80s or early 90s. I know we left Brighton early, drank on the train and in London and did a quick pub crawl round Swindon and we would have got some cans for the way home. He insists I climbed up into a luggage rack to have a sleep on the way home. I don't remember this, or the game but obviously I was being a dick and probably wasn't much fun to be near at the game. I was in my late teens or early twenties depending on when the game was and that much booze was a normal part of our away days. I've since grown up and drink less in general, though I can still have a serious session once or twice a year.

Had I been that age now I probably would have had a bump of coke to keep me drinking on the way back instead of falling asleep somewhere inappropriate. It would have been normal among my peers and that's what it's used for in general - as a stimulant to keep the snorter on the booze without crashing out.

These guys have replaced the full fry up, strippers pub and private coach with a drug that turns them into idiots. It's annoying for those of us that have grown out of it but it's still a day out with their mates just as it was for us.

I must add that the luggage rack story is second hand from other members of our group at that time, and that I wasn't present for the Swindon match. I assumed that as you never questioned my ribbing it was true.

We had some cracking away trips back then but we were few in number and at least a third of those at distant away matches would be know to us. 150 has become 1,500 now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I just seem to remember the whole of the half he stood in front us, he just heard ..Tiiiiiiiiiiiinnnaaaaaaa in a very slow drone

no mate....it was a relentless TINA , TINA , TINA , TINA ...!! interspersed with Peter Shilton , Peter Shilton does your missus know you're here , does your missus know you're here ...!! like i said funny at the time and actually its still rather funny...:lolol:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Someone should have filmed them and popped it on social media for everyone, including the club, to see.

Why? I may have missed the memo from the club but I'm pretty sure that being a bit of a dick isn't grounds to grass fans up to the club with the hope of getting them banned.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

Shirley you mean Encisko? I'd love to know where they got the extra letter from for his name.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The Enciso one was fine (rehash of United’s Vidic song), it’s just that a few got it wrong initially….. it’s ’to make the Palace cry’, not ‘fookin murder ya’ as the Man U version was

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
no mate....it was a relentless TINA , TINA , TINA , TINA ...!! interspersed with Peter Shilton , Peter Shilton does your missus know you're here , does your missus know you're here ...!! like i said funny at the time and actually its still rather funny...:lolol:

Getting warmer but nope, much of it was way more offensive. I’m not going to repeat the lyrics but it’s not difficult to guess. There was no magical time in the past when things were better. Actually it was a lot worse. The only excuse was that some of it was quite funny and at least it showed people were commenting on current affairs (so to speak) rather than being gratuitously offensive for no reason.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I must add that the luggage rack story is second hand from other members of our group at that time, and that I wasn't present for the Swindon match. I assumed that as you never questioned my ribbing it was true.

We had some cracking away trips back then but we were few in number and at least a third of those at distant away matches would be know to us. 150 has become 1,500 now.

I can totally believe it's true, don't worry.

it's interesting on the numbers thing. It was very much the same people going away each week 30 years ago. The same people on the coach, the same on the trains (us) a mini bus or two and some oddballs who drove. If you were a TOTAL dick every week there'd be a mixture of some internal justice and embarrassment surely? Easier to hide in an away end of 3000 where you're only going to be annoying those in your immediate vicinity.

It reminds me last season of a young kid totally off his nut at Victoria singing "Brighton boys are on a bender, Yves Bissouma is a sex offender" who had to have it pointed out to him that a) YB isn't and b) it's a song that Palace would more likely sing, unless being one was something to be proud of. His response was to look sheepish and say "ok mate". I agree with whoever said this lot are all bark and no bite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why? I may have missed the memo from the club but I'm pretty sure that being a bit of a dick isn't grounds to grass fans up to the club with the hope of getting them banned.

There’s being a dick, and there’s the states I sometimes see. They’re a tedious embarrassment to themselves as much as they are annoying to those nearby. You’d be doing them a favour.

As for the memo, it’s in the T&Cs…search for the word besmirch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can totally believe it's true, don't worry.

it's interesting on the numbers thing. It was very much the same people going away each week 30 years ago. The same people on the coach, the same on the trains (us) a mini bus or two and some oddballs who drove. If you were a TOTAL dick every week there'd be a mixture of some internal justice and embarrassment surely? Easier to hide in an away end of 3000 where you're only going to be annoying those in your immediate vicinity.

It reminds me last season of a young kid totally off his nut at Victoria singing "Brighton boys are on a bender, Yves Bissouma is a sex offender" who had to have it pointed out to him that a) YB isn't and b) it's a song that Palace would more likely sing, unless being one was something to be proud of. His response was to look sheepish and say "ok mate". I agree with whoever said this lot are all bark and no bite.

A few came pouring into the Norwich concourse soon after Biss was arrested singing that….all headed straight for the toilet cubicles :shrug:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Kids/ young adults in front of me were very quiet and behaved but they were sucking something out of a plastic container pink/blue in colour it looked like a vape but no smoke ( or whatever comes out of a vape) the three guys were passing it around taking big lung fulls then covering their mouths with their shirts for a few Seconds… I had some words on it hazy Mary or something…

Now I know I’m old but any idea what it was? And why do youngsters want to mess with strange stuff?? Is beer not enough?

Just a vape pen, nicotine or maybe THC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports