Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slam Dunk the funk...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How good is this kid going to be, not wanting to try and put pressure on him or hype him up.

however he looked brilliant yesterday. I think he might even hold onto his place if he carrys on with performances like yesterday and against Spurs.

Could even see Tommy leaving, dont see why at 23/24 with as much experience as he has wanting to play 4th choice.

Anyway, i think he looks like a really decent player and my MoM for Saturday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had a look at the sports section of the Times yesterday. They gave player ratings, and out of the starting 22, they gave Dunk the lowest rating. WTF?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had a look at the sports section of the Times yesterday. They gave player ratings, and out of the starting 22, they gave Dunk the lowest rating. WTF?

I must of been watching another game then.

or possible i see it in a different light, noting his age, the first league game at our new ground, the step up to the championship. maybe they shouldnt be taken into account. Nargh bollocks to it, they are just wrong. out of intrest who did they give MoM to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he did ok certainly not MOM but didn't let us or himself down. Still after watching it many times on TV can't see anything wrong with the tackle although my son thinks it was double footed with both feet off the ground so should have been a red, perhaps that comes about having watched the Ron Harris and Norman Hunters in the past as opposed to my son being obviously younger and playing up to last season and therefore more up to date.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thought that he did ok certainly not MOM but didn't let us or himself down. Still after watching it many times on TV can't see anything wrong with the tackle although my son thinks it was double footed with both feet off the ground so should have been a red, perhaps that comes about having watched the Ron Harris and Norman Hunters in the past as opposed to my son being obviously younger and playing up to last season and therefore more up to date.

Out of intrest who did you think was MoM?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
His passing was great as well, something I wasn't expecting. He may well be jumping ahead of Elphick in the pecking order whenever he does return

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must of been watching another game then.
Me too, I thought Dunk was decent.

out of intrest who did they give MoM to.
They gave 6 / 7 to every Donny player, and the same to most of ours, except Dunk got 5, and they may/may not have given and 8 to Buckley or Noone, I can't remember (I gave up when I saw their rating of Dunk)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

If that challenge had been against an Albion player by a Doncaster player most of us would have called for a red card.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
He may have been marked down due to the tackle on Sharp. But yes, I thought he looked comfortable. Did his defending well and looked good on the ball...........which is why Poyet likes him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought Dunk had a pretty good game and he does not seem overawed by stepping up to the first team. This is a real opportunity for him to try and keep the shirt.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He is at least a mile better than Elphick,... who is a hoofer who will be pushed down the order even further by Vincelot, Cook and whoever gets signed.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Elphick only hoofed when he played alongside Virgo in the Slade era, he's a good solid centre back and commands the air better than Greer, although Greer is a better player/leader. Poyet clamed Tommy down, and along with El-Abd he improved one hell of a lot. Dunk is young and looks much like a young Tommy Elphick when he was starting out.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
We have five CB's (and Vincelot who can cover there). I'd be more than happy with Dunk, Greer and El-Abd, but it's too early to say for Elphick and Cook. If Dunk continues his high standards, I can see El-Abd on the bench and perhaps Elphick moving on (sadly).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There's a post here somewhere by El Presidente of a still photo at the moment of impact and it is clearly one footed. Turkey also has three stills on his post in the same thread.

DaveTurner

Jul 17, 2011
Thought Dunk looked very cultured on what was easily the biggest day of his career. Him and Greer already have a good understanding and if they get a good run playing together will only add to the passing game Gus likes to play.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I noticed that in the papers I got yesterday. He got bad marks across the board. I think one bloke picks the number and all the papers use them, changing the odd mark here and there to make it look unique.

It was a close call between him and CMS for MOM, and maybe even Greer, but Buckley I think would have won it if it was picked after the game, and not a minute or so before the 90 was up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There's a post here somewhere by El Presidente of a still photo at the moment of impact and it is clearly one footed. Turkey also has three stills on his post in the same thread.

Yeah, it was definitely a one footed challenge. Still a pretty awful tackle - Dunk would have needed to be Inspector Gadget to have got the ball and no man with his foot from that angle. And yes, it coloured the fact that Dunk had a fine game against Doncaster. I can't blame reviewers for cutting his rating. He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here