Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade - 2 year deal

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well done to Big Russ & the best of luck to him next season (but not when they play us, obviously). :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Load of old crap from Barry Hearn on the subject however:

"...no man has had a harder job than [Slade] since a man fed thousands with three fishes. I've told the Colchester directors that I look forward to
seeing them in next season's play off final".

Considering Orient weren't even in the relegation zone when Slade joined them, keeping them up doesn't strike me as quite the miracle Hearn claims. And play offs? Don't make me LAUGH :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well down Russell, and thanks in advance for the 6 points :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"...no man has had a harder job than [Slade] since a man fed thousands with three fishes.

Has Slade been down Grimsby docks again ? Wanted 5 fish and ended up buying 3 ??? Dont know why Hearn has given RS a 2 year contract when Orient will be floundering at the bottom by November. :laugh:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good luck Russell, following this Calderon drama I think it is great that people such as yourself are still around in football. I'm a little surprised by the 2 years though, surely if Hearn had had a look at his history he would've realised that a annual rolling might have been more suitable.

From Slade's perspective, didn't he leave Yeovil due to a lack of ambition? I don't really think he is going to find much more at Leyton Orient, very similarly sized clubs.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Good luck Russell, following this Calderon drama I think it is great that people such as yourself are still around in football. I'm a little surprised by the 2 years though, surely if Hearn had had a look at his history he would've realised that a annual rolling might have been more suitable.

It's not necessarily a case of being exactly what the chairman wants though., If you are putting faith in a manager, who has kept them up this season, you have to show some commitment. It wouldn't really be fair on Slade to reward him with only a year's financial security.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's not necessarily a case of being exactly what the chairman wants though., If you are putting faith in a manager, who has kept them up this season, you have to show some commitment. It wouldn't really be fair on Slade to reward him with only a year's financial security.

I never really thought of that, although if I were Slade i'd be taking any League jobs coming my way because I think he is overstretching himself at League 1 level.

I think it would be good for his career to drop down to the conference and take a team up, so that he doesn't just look like an expert firefighter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here