Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports reporting that 2 championship clubs have bid for Jordan Rhodes....

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
What a greedy barstool not like he has proved himself in the PL Is it

Really glad to hear Boro have pulled out of the Jordan Rhodes deal after their Chairman having second thoughts, & not because I'd like to see him at Brighton. A deal that would have cost Boro £30 Million over a four & a half year contract, Thankfully Mr Bloom would never agree to terms like that & he would be mad to do so. It just seems the worlds gone crazy, there is no way Rhodes is worth anywhere near that amount of money, who are his Agents trying to kid, it's all just sheer gread.

I just can't believe what the likes of Derby & Boro have spent already this season, very nearly £25 Million at Derby, & after nearly two thirds of a season they sit one point behind Brighton who have spent one third of that amount. If I was a Derby fan I'd feel somewhat gutted & short changed so far, having seem them play recently. Too many overpaid players & all playing individually rather than as a team unit. If you spend that sort of money you have to show its money well spent, there's no room for second or fourth best.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Obviously I've no idea of the ins and outs of this transfer saga, but it is starting to look messy. Somehow hoping we steer well clear..............

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reading the article linked earlier, it sounds like Rhodes kept adding more and more bonuses to his deal. Was it greed, or was he trying to sabotage it (either because he doesn't want to leave Blackburn or because he has another preferred club he is hoping/expecting to come in for him)? I don't expect that to be us, of course, but perhaps he would prefer to go to, say, Hull because he thinks they would have a better chance of staying up next year if they get up (following the pattern of West Brom going up and down until becoming somewhat established as a Prem side).

Or was it Blackburn adding the bonuses to the deal?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
By my calculations, if the reported figures, are correct; it's £73k per week inclusive of add-ons & goalscoring/promotion bonuses etc.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Really glad to hear Boro have pulled out of the Jordan Rhodes deal after their Chairman having second thoughts, & not because I'd like to see him at Brighton. A deal that would have cost Boro £30 Million over a four & a half year contract, Thankfully Mr Bloom would never agree to terms like that & he would be mad to do so. It just seems the worlds gone crazy, there is no way Rhodes is worth anywhere near that amount of money, who are his Agents trying to kid, it's all just sheer gread.

I just can't believe what the likes of Derby & Boro have spent already this season, very nearly £25 Million at Derby, & after nearly two thirds of a season they sit one point behind Brighton who have spent one third of that amount. If I was a Derby fan I'd feel somewhat gutted & short changed so far, having seem them play recently. Too many overpaid players & all playing individually rather than as a team unit. If you spend that sort of money you have to show its money well spent, there's no room for second or fourth best.

Whetever happened to Darren Bent? I noticed he hasn't even made the bench lately, injury?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Clever bargaining move by Boro. Either Rhodes or Blackburn got too greedy but there is still time renegotiate.
Unbelievable to think that Rhodes is on about £45k a week.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Whetever happened to Darren Bent? I noticed he hasn't even made the bench lately, injury?

He's made 17 appearances for them this season, only 3 of them have been starts and has scored one goal. Usually a good goal poacher, so imagine he's the type of player who just doesn't fit into Clements vision for how Derby should play.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Clever bargaining move by Boro. Either Rhodes or Blackburn got too greedy but there is still time renegotiate.
Unbelievable to think that Rhodes is on about £45k a week.

Blackburn and Boro agreed a price. It is clearly the player and/or his agents that have scuppered the deal with his demands. Can't see Bloom agreeing to anything like what is being reported as being asked. Looks like ball is in Rhodes hands but surely Boro are his only option to leave and if that is what he wants then he has to drop his demands.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Blackburn and Boro agreed a price. It is clearly the player and/or his agents that have scuppered the deal with his demands. Can't see Bloom agreeing to anything like what is being reported as being asked. Looks like ball is in Rhodes hands but surely Boro are his only option to leave and if that is what he wants then he has to drop his demands.

Indeed, which is why I said it's a clever move by Boro. Rhodes wants away, Boro want their man. They have a day to work out the details.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's made 17 appearances for them this season, only 3 of them have been starts and has scored one goal. Usually a good goal poacher, so imagine he's the type of player who just doesn't fit into Clements vision for how Derby should play.

In all seriousness, depending on the wage situation, I think he'd be a good acquisition. Attitude is the only question mark against him but he showed enough when he was here last season to suggest he does still want to play games and score goals. He'd have scored a dozen already if we'd had him all season so far, he might not offer anything outside the box but he puts it away inside it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
My biggest concern all this should we ever get promoted. Dealing with players and agents asking stupid money for nothing too great to offer in return.

Thankfully, our track record looks good in this respect with our powers that be, the club is doing very well without making expensive purchases or ridiculous wage payments.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In all seriousness, depending on the wage situation, I think he'd be a good acquisition. Attitude is the only question mark against him but he showed enough when he was here last season to suggest he does still want to play games and score goals. He'd have scored a dozen already if we'd had him all season so far, he might not offer anything outside the box but he puts it away inside it.
fee

In all seriousness, you could say that about every player on the planet. Messi would be a good acquisition if it weren't for the wage situation!! If the numbers bandied about regarding Rhodes are to be believed, it works out at about £100k a week! £30m in total, less about £10m fee leaving £20m over 4 years. £5m a season is roughly £100k a week albeit that includes bonuses etc and is averaged out. Can't see Bloom agreeing to anything ever approaching that unless we are in fact in the Premier league.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
fee

In all seriousness, you could say that about every player on the planet. Messi would be a good acquisition if it weren't for the wage situation!! If the numbers bandied about regarding Rhodes are to be believed, it works out at about £100k a week! £30m in total, less about £10m fee leaving £20m over 4 years. £5m a season is roughly £100k a week albeit that includes bonuses etc and is averaged out. Can't see Bloom agreeing to anything ever approaching that unless we are in fact in the Premier league.

I think Messi is one of the few players that whatever he gets paid ...he's worth it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here