Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky Sports News plumb the depths

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At 8 o'clock, Sky Sports News announced the one minutes silence, in line with the rest of the media, and the country - and then went straight into adverts! Of all the c**tish behaviour!

Looks like somebody recognosed what a c*** they'd made of themselves - they came back on and announced that, along with Sky News, they were going to observe the minute's silence ............... at 8 minutes past 8. They couldn't manage an apology though............

For a while I've been contemplating leaving Virgin for Freeview..........the only thing that I would miss would be SSN. I'm phoning Virgin on Tuesday.........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At 8 o'clock, Sky Sports News announced the one minutes silence, in line with the rest of the media, and the country - and then went straight into adverts! Of all the c**tish behaviour!

Looks like somebody recognosed what a c*** they'd made of themselves - they came back on and announced that, along with Sky News, they were going to observe the minute's silence ............... at 8 minutes past 8. They couldn't manage an apology though............

For a while I've been contemplating leaving Virgin for Freeview..........the only thing that I would miss would be SSN. I'm phoning Virgin on Tuesday.........

A lot of unhappy NFL fans, that the live coverage of the game was interrupted for the one minute silence

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you were that bothered about the silence…why were you watching SSN?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You don't know who Rupert Murdoch is, I guess. Boris and his scum chum want a Republic. Quite simple.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I was watching SSN they announced they were doing the one minutes silence, went to a break and came back just before 8pm then went to Sky News at 8pm for the minutes silence and came back when it finished.

Was i watching something different to you ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was watching SSN they announced they were doing the one minutes silence, went to a break and came back just before 8pm then went to Sky News at 8pm for the minutes silence and came back when it finished.

Was i watching something different to you ???
Obviously. At eight o'clock, having announced the one minute silence, they went straight to adverts. I wouldn't have been pi$$ed off about it if that hadn't happened. Doing the minute's silence, retrospectively, at 2008 wasn't the right thing to do, although they may have hoped it was a way out from having ballsed up..

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Obviously. At eight o'clock, having announced the one minute silence, they went straight to adverts. I wouldn't have been pi$$ed off about it if that hadn't happened. Doing the minute's silence, retrospectively, at 2008 wasn't the right thing to do, although they may have hoped it was a way out from having ballsed up..

It was definitely at 8pm on my tv

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is this like when that bloke started complaining the clock was wrong on GMTV when he was watching on +1. Do you think you might have paused your TV at any point?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was cooking a risotto and completely missed it. Do I have to switch to Virgin or have I misunderstood?

SSN is available on Virgin, but not on Freeview. Switching from Virgin to Freeview, I'll lose SSN - but I've just decided that doesn't matter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here