Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports have got The Masters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All four days LIVE. The WHOLE sheebang, instead of what we previously had, which highlights on the Beeb until the 3rd day. You absolute BEAUTIES. And all in HD.

Thats a Thursday and Friday I'll certainly be booking off next April :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They can go down the pub.

It's a fair point. I was chatting to an old chap the other day in a queue for the bus. We got on to the subject of test cricket and how he misses watching it.

I really do not feel that sport should be stuck on an expensive channel for those that are willing to pay £500+ a year for it. Some people simply can't afford that. Going to the pub is fine, if you are able to, but not every octogenarian (plus or not) is that way inclined.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's a fair point. I was chatting to an old chap the other day in a queue for the bus. We got on to the subject of test cricket and how he misses watching it.

I really do not feel that sport should be stuck on an expensive channel for those that are willing to pay £500+ a year for it. Some people simply can't afford that. Going to the pub is fine, if you are able to, but not every octogenarian (plus or not) is that way inclined.

I suppose I was being mildly flippant, but some of the old duffers down my local practically seem to LIVE in there. I've often popped in there on the way home from work at around 6.30 to find the cricket on, and been given an in-depth analysis of the entire days play up until that point, which they've sat there all afternoon watching.

They must have good pensions and dead wives.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All four days LIVE. The WHOLE sheebang, instead of what we previously had, which highlights on the Beeb until the 3rd day. You absolute BEAUTIES. And all in HD.

Thats a Thursday and Friday I'll certainly be booking off next April :clap2:

I too got excited when I saw the advert, but one little comment at the end got me thinking that Sky might have been a bit liberal the facts.

It says they've secured an extra hour of coverage per day. I rekon when they say the whole thing is live they mean everything they're allowed to broadcast. I bet we still can't watch the front 9.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I too got excited when I saw the advert, but one little comment at the end got me thinking that Sky might have been a bit liberal the facts.

It says they've secured an extra hour of coverage per day. I rekon when they say the whole thing is live they mean everything they're allowed to broadcast. I bet we still can't watch the front 9.

Ooh, the fuckers.
Looks like I've shot my load without checking the FACTS. Tch, not the first time. And it won't be the last.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes and it's between the 7th and 11th of April I believe so will be back home from uni :clap2:

Can't wait.

Jimmy Grimble

Prefer the commentary on BBC. Peter Alliss' voice is so soothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Alliss does get a bit masturbatory at times over Augusta though.
I wouldn't leave him alone in a room with one of my rhododendrons.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Generally I do prefer Sky but BBC certainly do The Open and The Masters VERY well.

Got to agree with that. Have grown up watching the masters on BBC. Remeber vividly when I was about 9 being allowed to stay up very late to watch Sandy Lyle win it. They always seem to capture the right mood.

Got to disagree about Peter Allis though. I hate the bloke with a passion. Symbolises all that is wrong about golf.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Great for those that can afford SKY. What about all those old boys on a pension that can't afford it?

They can watch it on BBC

BBC have lost 'exclusive rights' but they'll be showing the last two days as per usual I think

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Got to agree with that. Have grown up watching the masters on BBC. Remeber vividly when I was about 9 being allowed to stay up very late to watch Sandy Lyle win it. They always seem to capture the right mood.

Got to disagree about Peter Allis though. I hate the bloke with a passion. Symbolises all that is wrong about golf.

I too can't stand Alliss. When you hear Faldo commentate on US tv with all the technical info it just pisses on Alliss, who seems to spend his whole time listing golf club centenaries and local pro's who are ill and will be watching at home

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Great for those that can afford SKY. What about all those old boys on a pension that can't afford it?

My nans 90 this year and affords skySports on her pension ...

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I too can't stand Alliss. When you hear Faldo commentate on US tv with all the technical info it just pisses on Alliss, who seems to spend his whole time listing golf club centenaries and local pro's who are ill and will be watching at home

Never heard Faldo, but really like Sam Torrance. Has a great voice to listen too and never takes it too seriously.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
The restrictions on broadcasting are imposed by Augusta National and apply to all broadcasters including the US - they stipulate how many live hours are allowed on each day (first two are heavily restricted) and also which holes are covered.

I personally think its a sad day if the beeb have lost all of it - means we will be having bloody advert breaks in between every shot destroying any semblance of tension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here