Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bradley Wiggins ...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What Phil Taylor has achieved is second to none , to stay at the very top of a professional sport for 20+ years and win the world title 15 times on top of numerous other major titles is second to none .

Except in sports which are popular world wide. That kind of means you have far more competition.

Like him or not he has taken darts to another level and made it a more popular sport by bringing into the limelight .

Just not to a world popular sport.

Cycling was a hobby until Chris H went round in circles really fast and won some golds and all credit to him , but Taylor has done the exact same for Darts

Surely you jest?

Cycling was present at the very first Olympics and has been present at almost every Olympics since then.

British riders won medals in the very first Olympics.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
And drinking beer throwing arrows is a sport?

What is wrong with you lot ??

It's officially a sanctioned professional sport I don't make the rules or authorise and sanction what is or isn't a sport .

It's a professional sport end of ....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I can't believe that the Telegraph can't spell the word Knighthood.

One of many spelling mistakes and typing errors in the article. Very poor indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's officially a sanctioned professional sport I don't make the rules or authorise and sanction what is or isn't a sport .

Next you'll be telling me golf is a sport.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

It may be a sanctioned sport, that however doesn't make it comparable with sports that are far bigger in world wide popularity and participation rates.

Those sports are far harder to reach the top of and sustain dominance due to far, far, far more competition.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Except in sports which are popular world wide. That kind of means you have far more competition.

Surely you jest?

Cycling was present at the very first Olympics and has been present at almost every Olympics since then.

Typical Aussie, your man (Simon Whitlock) gets thrashed 5-1 last night and Darts no longer a Worldwide sport !!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am staggered that Paul Barber's efforts have not been recognised by Her Maj. Once again it's one rule for Lycra clad two wheeled mods and another for revenue maximising sports administrators.

Windsors out, vive Le Republique.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012

Played officially in 68 countries

See above

Surely you jest?

So cycling was a popular sport in England before Sir Chris ? Or just a hobby at best ......

Cycling was present at the very first Olympics and has been present at almost every Olympics since

No relevance

No relevance

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Just for you

220px-Simon_Whitlock_darter.jpg

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
It may be a sanctioned sport, that however doesn't make it comparable with sports that are far bigger in world wide popularity and participation rates.

Those sports are far harder to reach the top of and sustain dominance due to far, far, far more competition.

That doesn't mean Taylor has not dedicated himself any less in his efforts to stay top of the field for 20 years and why should he not take credit for making the game more popular .

Cycling as a sport was less popular in this country before Chris H

Judo until Brian Jacks

All I'm saying is that he should be recognised for his achievements based on some who already have them LOUIS SMITH !!!!

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Plenty of relevance.

It's why if you win one Tour de France you'll be a billion times more recognizable and respected than if you win 15 dart championships.

I'm not saying Bradley or Chris shouldn't be recognised ,

Your lack of appreciation for sport overall is lacking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here