Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
C57CF7DA-F68E-44F7-8C61-0DFB30D74A00.jpeg

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Strange that they keep the Bushmills name off the Sexton bottle.

Agree about Bushmills 10 (currently down to £25 at my local Sainsbury's). I treated myself to the 16-year old recently which is lovely.

Slàinte

Probably some attempt to create a brand they can sell off; or conversely keep if they ever sell the actual distillery.

Until quite recently, it was rather hard to find much reference to Jameson, Powers, Paddy (they've sold the brand but still make it), Midleton and Redbreast being from the same company/distillery - but they decided to be a bit more open on the labelling about it since; and the Method & Madness sub-brand is entirely open about it. Nearly none of those are single malts though!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Had a bit of tasting session with a friend this evening - Glen Scotia, Jura, Laphroig, Cotswolds, Mackmyra. Was about to hit the Bowmore when his Mrs said enough enough we’re going home. Such a wide variety of Smell, flavour and taste of the “same” drink

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Probably some attempt to create a brand they can sell off; or conversely keep if they ever sell the actual distillery.

Until quite recently, it was rather hard to find much reference to Jameson, Powers, Paddy (they've sold the brand but still make it), Midleton and Redbreast being from the same company/distillery - but they decided to be a bit more open on the labelling about it since; and the Method & Madness sub-brand is entirely open about it. Nearly none of those are single malts though!
Bushmills 16 is a single malt,..... but the key character of the quality Irish offerings is produced by the Single Pot Still process..... mellow being the key taste profile

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Midleton distillery produces about a dozen separate brands from the same location... the brands are distinct historically, but Irish Distillers are the umbrella company... a bit of a monopoly actually.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Midleton distillery produces about a dozen separate brands from the same location... the brands are distinct historically, but Irish Distillers are the umbrella company... a bit of a monopoly actually.

They were an actual monopoly for a period of time in the 70s and 80s, until Cooley started up; and then they started selling non-core brands from the mid 2000s. Bushmills first, then Tullamore Dew, then Paddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports