Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing today

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The problem was with the Allocated seating. If everyone was all bunched together with no empty seats between fans then the volume would have been greatly enhanced.

I f***ing hate allocated seating. It serves no purpose when its not a sell out. It just means those people who want to sit down and watch the game potentially end up sat at the back, and those that wish to stand and sing end up at the front and on the wings.

This is why the atmosphere was shit. There wasnt the usual concentration of those fans that bother creating the atmosphere

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
me and my gang did our best, but i haven't got a clue what's happened to our away support?! SHAME ON US!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The problem was with the Allocated seating. If everyone was all bunched together with no empty seats between fans then the volume would have been greatly enhanced.

I f***ing hate allocated seating. It serves no purpose when its not a sell out. It just means those people who want to sit down and watch the game potentially end up sat at the back, and those that wish to stand and sing end up at the front and on the wings.

This is why the atmosphere was shit. There wasnt the usual concentration of those fans that bother creating the atmosphere

I'd go with that to be honest :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Several factors - the lower tier meant fans were quite spread out.
The acoustics were poor.
The home fans drowned all the sound out.
The team didn't give us anything to be excited about as they didnt look like scoring.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well we were right to the left of the goal as you looked at the pitch due to the fact our seats were taken.

It was a bit weird and strangely the singing never really got going.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Several factors - the lower tier meant fans were quite spread out.
The acoustics were poor.
The home fans drowned all the sound out.
The team didn't give us anything to be excited about as they didnt look like scoring.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Real shame we were so quite today.

Have to say I was well impressed with their support. I think what made it so good was that it wasn't just isolated singing sections, like the lot high up and to our left, but all sections of the ground getting behind their team as one. Fair play to them.

Perhaps the ref thought the same too and rewarded them accordingly. :mad:

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
We let the players down a bit today to be honest.
I include myself and apologise.
Must do better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
me and my gang did our best, but i haven't got a clue what's happened to our away support?! SHAME ON US!

Swindon was good - Let's put this one down to a one off.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
They said it was allocated seats but ours were taken as well so i guess most people sat were they liked anyway, didn`t realise anyone was sitting down as we were near the back.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
People were sitting down because they have their disabled fans section behind the away fans meaning the away fans have to sit (at least to the right side of the goal) so that they are able to see) but i don't think that it was down to not being able to stand.

I saw a similar thing at Norwich last season, and i think it's partly due to just how loud and supportive the home fans were, we were reasonably noisy pre-kick off but we were being drown out from just before kick-off when they all seemed to be joining in with their anthem, and thats probably why we went fairly quite afterwards.

It was a bit strange as we normally are very vocal but we just didn't seem to try which was disappointing.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They said it was allocated seats but ours were taken as well so i guess most people sat were they liked anyway, didn`t realise anyone was sitting down as we were near the back.

We were originally near the side of the stand but we waited til kick off before moving more centrally as there was still plenty of room, so i don't think it was anything to do with that either.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was behind the goal at the back and their was a group of about 5 or 6 lads behind me who tried and tried to get everyone going, well done lads if your reading this, i joined in to the point that my throat is still sore tonight, a couple of others joined in and that was it pretty poor to be honest.The left side on occasion sounded ok when they got going but still not enough.

I wouldnt really agree that the home fans were good they clapped along with the band but until the last 10 minutes they never really sang much either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here