Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan (failed football chairman) vs Robbie Lyle (Arsenal Fan TV)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've only watched Arsenal Fan TV when we've beaten them. Like I only watch any other opposition team vlogs when we've beaten them. Schadenfreude is part of being a football fan. As Homer Simpson put it 'It's funny because it's not happening to me.' What I do recognise when watching is that the people commenting, smart or dumb, considered or raging, whatever idioms and slang they use, really care about the success or failure of their club. All of the people making fan shows or being interviewed would be at the football whether or not they were involved in making videos.

Putting aside the pot calling kettle of TalkSport criticising anyone for sensationalizing fan opinions, the thing that sticks in the craw is the repeated snide remarks from Jordan that hint that Robbie and his colleagues are in this only for the money. He gives himself away by repeating that he respects the business acumen, but thinks that the output is toxic. What he is saying is that fans opinions are not worth listening to, but are worth monetizing. Jordan's direct involvement in football ended in abject failure nearly a decade ago, but today he is still riding the game for whatever fame attention and glamour he can milk. He admits that he doesn't go to games, but is being paid to give his opinions on those who do. When he hints that Robbie is in it for reasons other than the love of his club, he is projecting at Trump like levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here