Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan (failed football chairman) vs Robbie Lyle (Arsenal Fan TV)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So do I....................but keep it to yourself :thumbsup:

I also struggle with this viewpoint.

He often comes across quite well whenever I hear him on Talksport.

I want to dislike him for obvious reasons, but even listening to that I was agreeing with him far more than the AFTV guy.

Unpopular view. I really enjoy listening to Simon Jordon. Not so much that Arsenal dinlow.
A view held by quite a few of us, I imagine. If you can filter out that unwelcome Croydon connection, he generally speaks a lot of sense - and I've yet to any evidence of AFTV doing that very often!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think both of them make some good points. We should have platforms for fans to contribute and give their opinions. AFTV does however get the likes of 'Troopz' on because they know it will clock up views rather than interviewing him for quality insight. I do find a man in his early 30s talking like a fourteen year old who calls himself troopz an utter embarrassment. Robbie I think is a very good presenter but should be more selective on who he interviews on the channel to get a better cross section of fans.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A view held by quite a few of us, I imagine. If you can filter out that unwelcome Croydon connection, he generally speaks a lot of sense - and I've yet to any evidence of AFTV doing that very often!

I think Jordan offers a unique insight. He has the real insights on agents, players being bell ends and how the finances work. There is no one else working as a pundit that has seen what he has seen and he has the ability to articulate it clearly. The show with Danny Kelly on a Sunday is where he is at his best and I did like the way they both piled into Joshua last week about venue and performance.

Give me his opinion over some ex pro banging on about strikers missing chances any day of the week.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I think Jordan offers a unique insight. He has the real insights on agents, players being bell ends and how the finances work. There is no one else working as a pundit that has seen what he has seen and he has the ability to articulate it clearly. The show with Danny Kelly on a Sunday is where he is at his best and I did like the way they both piled into Joshua last week about venue and performance.

Give me his opinion over some ex pro banging on about strikers missing chances any day of the week.

Danny Kelly and Simon Jordan are sound at what they do on Talksport. Monday evening's with the less spiky Custas brother is generally good radio.

One of the funniest/most ridiculous things I've heard spouted on there a week or two ago was on another show, where Jamie O'Hara claimed Rio Ferdinand had all the qualities to be the next West Ham manager.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Danny Kelly and Simon Jordan are sound at what they do on Talksport. Monday evening's with the less spiky Custas brother is generally good radio.

One of the funniest/most ridiculous things I've heard spouted on there a week or two ago was on another show, where Jamie O'Hara claimed Rio Ferdinand had all the qualities to be the next West Ham manager.

Ha ha. Rio the man who forgot to go for a piss. I'd love to see him get a gig and royally balls it up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Listened to the whole thing and got the impression it was a bit of a set up. Jordan gave a long monologue at the start and complained when the Arsenal guy tried to make a comment, ie don't butt in but then proceeded to do the same thing himself. The talksport knob just let Jordan carry on.

So what if he makes money from it now. As he said, it was all his own money at the start.

As for the allegation of toxicity, isn't it just what fans say to each other in the pub. They moan if you lose and cheer if you win. Just happens to now be on a medium that reaches far more people.

Finally, ponder on this. Had we been going through our troubled times now, don't you think that there would have been Gulls Eye TV! I know Arsenal aren't anywhere near the situation we were in but as Robbie pointed out, this is their worst start to a season since 1977

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Listened to the whole thing and got the impression it was a bit of a set up. Jordan gave a long monologue at the start and complained when the Arsenal guy tried to make a comment, ie don't butt in but then proceeded to do the same thing himself. The talksport knob just let Jordan carry on.

So what if he makes money from it now. As he said, it was all his own money at the start.

As for the allegation of toxicity, isn't it just what fans say to each other in the pub. They moan if you lose and cheer if you win. Just happens to now be on a medium that reaches far more people.

Finally, ponder on this. Had we been going through our troubled times now, don't you think that there would have been Gulls Eye TV! I know Arsenal aren't anywhere near the situation we were in but as Robbie pointed out, this is their worst start to a season since 1977

This 100%.

Great to see Robbie do well from his idea. If a few Brighton fans and Simon Jordan don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Arsenal have been poorly run for many years, Kroenke is a remote and uncommunicative owner, with the supporters paying possibly the highest ticket prices in the game, so they’re fully entitled to air their anger.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agreed.
If you haven't already done so, he book is well worth checking out.

0224091816.jpg

Cleaned that out inside 2 days on a lilo in Mexico. Cracking read.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Let’s not forget Jim White trying to paint TalkSPORT as whiter than white :whistle:

The Arsenal guy when accused of stoking discord etc ...something which JW denied TS did....he was reminded of how often when teams go on a poor run supporters are often invited to phone in and give their opinion on whether the manager should go

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I like Simon Jordan's insightful commentary, and when he talks about Brighton its a mix of respect and tongue in cheek humour.

Nothing wrong in that, and I don't take the rivalry that seriously.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unpopular view. I really enjoy listening to Simon Jordon. Not so much that Arsenal dinlow.

Don’t get how he’s an ‘arsenal dinlow’. Can understand criticism of the channel but Robbie always comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. Also follows England away so even more of a top bloke in my book.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Waste of time listening. Bit like Marr interviewing Boris last week. Dreadful bickering and constantly talking over each other with entrenched opinions. Pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here