Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Calm down mate.

No. We are close to a chance at the Prem. Failure to sign a decent striker IS a M A S S I V E failure. I'm not calm, I'm p1ssed-off with our current failure to plug an obvious gap in our squad.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m

Still just over 2 hours for #bhafc to confirm a striker signing. Unthinkable that they won't have one and are left praying Ulloa stays fit.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If deadline days have taught us anything, players and agents hold out to until the last minute to get better prices as clubs get desperate. It's not just us, it's the way the world works now.

Plenty of clubs have signed decent players in the days and weeks before deadline day. We have NOT.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think Gus should feel embarrassed. None of us have the magical powers we make out we have on computer games and wizard classes, so really it is all about a player's willingness to turn up for a part-shift, and us agreeing to pay someone such an amount to do so. No panic buys are necessary, i don't think. We'll survive.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd like us to get an extra striker, but I'd rather we signed no-one and played a youngster (if he is even needed) than sign just anyone. At least we were trying to bring in quality. You however, couldn't wait for the deal to fall through so you could piss your panties and chuck lego everywhere and hopefully get the attention that you so crave. Pathetic.

Where have I ever said that I wanted a deal for a loan striker to fall through? Do tell me and get your facts right before spouting off. Like you, I only want the best for the club but I don't go around making promises I can't keep

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 12m

Still just over 2 hours for #bhafc to confirm a striker signing. Unthinkable that they won't have one and are left praying Ulloa stays fit.

Dare I say. I agree 100% with Mr Naylor!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Gus should feel embarrassed. None of us have the magical powers we make out we have on computer games and wizard classes, so really it is all about a player's willingness to turn up for a part-shift, and us agreeing to pay someone such an amount to do so. No panic buys are necessary, i don't think. We'll survive.

Sure, we'll survive. But... what an opportunity missed!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
No, but your point is a moot one. The key thing is that Ash has let himself and the club down.

It's not, shit happens, we'd still be in for a striker even if Barnes was available. It's not relevant. People banging on about Barnes and what happened nearly three weeks ago is pointless.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Survive - yes. Win promotion - very unlikely.

With all this time, a panic buy really would be a failure.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If deadline days have taught us anything, players and agents hold out to until the last minute to get better prices as clubs get desperate. It's not just us, it's the way the world works now.

Gus insisted he wouldnt have a recall clause and now we have squat. Still better to conceed and allow the recall for jackson whilst hoping it isnt needed, covers norwich and at least gives us the quality of cover we need for some time (may even be here to season end) rather than nothing as it is now.

If thats the stumbling block as I imagine its bad negotiating to walk away with nothing if you cant get everything you want

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's not, shit happens, we'd still be in for a striker even if Barnes was available. It's not relevant. People banging on about Barnes and what happened nearly three weeks ago is pointless.

No it isn't. We had 2 fit strikers. Thanks to that clown Barnes, we have one. Very relevant.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So your suggestion to punishing a striker who got sent off, thus leaving us short of players, is to fire him and leave us shorter of players for when he would have come back.

Got it.

P45 at end of season!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Sure, we'll survive. But... what an opportunity missed!

I agree with you BW. Potentially missed opportunity if we don't sign someone. Can't understand people having a go at you actually. Obviously best if we sign someone (all be it someone better than our dev squad strikers).

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Gus insisted he wouldnt have a recall clause and now we have squat. Still better to conceed and allow the recall for jackson whilst hoping it isnt needed, covers norwich and at least gives us the quality of cover we need for some time (may even be here to season end) rather than nothing as it is now.

If thats the stumbling block as I imagine its bad negotiating to walk away with nothing if you cant get everything you want

Now we have people pretending to know the intimate details of the negotiations between two clubs. Priceless. Pure Jackanory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here