Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I imagine he'll continue his development with a loan to a championship team next season.
He'll be 23 by the start of next season and going into the last season of his contract, it really is now or never for him. He's doing well in both the SPL and the Europa League. I reckon rather like Mitoma and Adingra over the last 2 seasons he'll be next seasons break out star.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He'll be 23 by the start of next season and going into the last season of his contract, it really is now or never for him. He's doing well in both the SPL and the Europa League. I reckon rather like Mitoma and Adingra over the last 2 seasons he'll be next seasons break out star.
He's going to have to be in our first team squad, or be sold in the summer, you'd imagine.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He's going to be a big player for us next season and I wonder if we might actually be tempted to cash in on Mitoma in order to fully blood Adingra and Sima in their favoured position on the left.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's going to be a big player for us next season and I wonder if we might actually be tempted to cash in on Mitoma in order to fully blood Adingra and Sima in their favoured position on the left.
Is Sima not a striker?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Is Sima not a striker?
I'll be honest, I haven't actually watched any of the Rangers games but the goals he's scored that I've seen (again, not all of them to be fair - he's scoring so often!) he's been coming in off the left. He looks like he plays left of a front three to me. I might be wrong about that, but looking at the players they use I think Danilo is more of a number 9 type with Sima coming in from the wing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have we got a one year option on top of that? Seems to be fairly standard for us with most of the players we buy that are relatively unproven at the time.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Have we got a one year option on top of that? Seems to be fairly standard for us with most of the players we buy that are relatively unproven at the time.
Nothing mentioned at the time we signed him as far as I can see. Reported as a 4 year deal. That's not to say we don't have one of course.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'll be honest, I haven't actually watched any of the Rangers games but the goals he's scored that I've seen (again, not all of them to be fair - he's scoring so often!) he's been coming in off the left. He looks like he plays left of a front three to me. I might be wrong about that, but looking at the players they use I think Danilo is more of a number 9 type with Sima coming in from the wing.

Not watched him, but hes going to be a big player for us, thats a huge shout.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No, he's a winger - usually on the right.

When we sell Mitoma for £50M+ in the summer, Adingra will move across to his natural left wing and Sima can play on the right.
I'm not sure that's right, but I do imagine Adingra will move across when Mitoma is sold.

Not watched him, but hes going to be a big player for us, thats a huge shout.
Yes it is - but I'm standing by it. Same with Adingra. I actually think watching the games doesn't help and that's largely what our scouting network is about! The data tells the true story. Your eyes make decisions which aren't always backed up by the numbers. Maybe I would be in favour of Steele if I only saw his stats rather than his gormless goalkeeping appearances, for example.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don't want to judge the fella as never really seen him play, but a fair few rangers fans seem to suggest he's a good finisher, but not so good in controlling ball and passing etc 🤔

Sure the recruitment/development team will have a good handle on what to do next

I wonder if there's the 1 year option?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
No, he's a winger - usually on the right.

When we sell Mitoma for £50M+ in the summer, Adingra will move across to his natural left wing and Sima can play on the right.

I'm not sure that's right, but I do imagine Adingra will move across when Mitoma is sold.

According to Transfermarkt he's spent most of his career as a right winger or a striker but Rangers have been using him on the left this season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
According to Transfermarkt he's spent most of his career as a right winger or a striker but Rangers have been using him on the left this season.

Ah yes, that most wonderful of sources.

They might be right, but considering the damage he's doing from the left for Rangers I'd suggest that's where he's best.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Ah yes, that most wonderful of sources.

They might be right, but considering the damage he's doing from the left for Rangers I'd suggest that's where he's best.
It's a pretty decent resource for most things, there are normally very good on player stats like positions, mins on the pitch, goals, assists, contract lengths etc. It's just their market valuation that isn't particularly accurate.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He hasn’t been on the right at
Rangers, he’s been playing on the left of a front three and occasionally in the middle.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Very interesting from a pair of Rangers fans.

Summary -
1. Sima is their best signing of the summer.
2. They want Sima permanently.
3. But they think they’ll be priced out.
4. Sima is exceptionally quick.
5. Sima scores lost of goals or as they put it, ‘gets the numbers’.
6. Comparative player Ryan Kent was a lot better technically but didn’t contribute nearly as well with goals.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Very interesting from a pair of Rangers fans.

Summary -
1. Sima is their best signing of the summer.
2. They want Sima permanently.
3. But they think they’ll be priced out.
4. Sima is exceptionally quick.
5. Sima scores lost of goals or as they put it, ‘gets the numbers’.
6. Comparative player Ryan Kent was a lot better technically but didn’t contribute nearly as well with goals.
What concerns me is that he isn't the most technically gifted. That's important in an RDZ team, particularly in a wide attacker.

Mitoma, João Pedro, Adingra, Enciso, Fati... All have great technique in close quarters.

Though maybe Sima as someone rapid and strong who can finish well will give us a different option.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What concerns me is that he isn't the most technically gifted. That's important in an RDZ team, particularly in a wide attacker.

Mitoma, João Pedro, Adingra, Enciso, Fati... All have great technique in close quarters.

Though maybe Sima as someone rapid and strong who can finish well will give us a different option.
I think you are probably right about him not suiting the RDZ style. I can’t see Roberto wanting a non-technical player, no matter what ‘numbers’ they get. Still, he is proving his worth and we should at least get our money back if we sell him in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here