Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sima

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not sure that's right, but I do imagine Adingra will move across when Mitoma is sold.

Yes it is - but I'm standing by it. Same with Adingra. I actually think watching the games doesn't help and that's largely what our scouting network is about! The data tells the true story. Your eyes make decisions which aren't always backed up by the numbers. Maybe I would be in favour of Steele if I only saw his stats rather than his gormless goalkeeping appearances, for example.

You don’t know anything about our scouting network then yes it helps identify players but we have in the region of 300 scouts. You think they all sit and look at stats.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don’t think he suits our style, winger (better named as wide forward) is one position we have lots of depth, don’t think he’ll have top half PL potential (still very good). The issue is Rangers probably can’t pay much more than 4M, we’d want teens plus small sell on so think we need to hope some Champ club comes in with a bid in between those sums.

Sadly can’t see it and think we’ll loose him for very little, then look back on it as with some past deals and see him sold to a crap PL side for 15M some day because he’ll have played a couple years regular football at a decent level (Rangers and Celtic might be lower-mid Champ standard but the sides they play against are L1 level, whilst he has better than that team-mates making it even less fair to say L1 level challenge each week). Just one of those things that’s going to happen.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Don't want to judge the fella as never really seen him play, but a fair few rangers fans seem to suggest he's a good finisher, but not so good in controlling ball and passing etc 🤔

Sure the recruitment/development team will have a good handle on what to do next

I wonder if there's the 1 year option?
Seems a similar skill set to Undav.... we know they can score, but of course, RDZ demands much more from players, control, speed of thought, flexibility...... I am not sure, .....well not convinced, that either of these two have enough to please the gaffer.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
How much did we pay for Sima? Was it £7m, or thereabouts?
I wonder if at the end of this season we’d manage to recoup this via rangers or another European club.
Rangers has been a good loan out for him. He struggled last season in a team who were very badly struggling so Weir and Greer have done a great job with this loan. Must have added millions to his value.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How much did we pay for Sima? Was it £7m, or thereabouts?
I wonder if at the end of this season we’d manage to recoup this via rangers or another European club.
Rangers has been a good loan out for him. He struggled last season in a team who were very badly struggling so Weir and Greer have done a great job with this loan. Must have added millions to his value.
Athletic say figure was closer 6m?

As he is Senagelese I wonder if he'll be in the AFCON?

Would be interesting to see how he might fare in that comp.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
As he is Senagelese I wonder if he'll be in the AFCON?

Would be interesting to see how he might fare in that comp.
He made the Senegal squad in October but was only on the bench, that was his first involvement at senior level since July 2021. It looks like he wasn't called up for the senior squad in November. Seems very unlikely he'll go now despite his good Rangers form.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don’t think he suits our style, winger (better named as wide forward) is one position we have lots of depth, don’t think he’ll have top half PL potential (still very good). The issue is Rangers probably can’t pay much more than 4M, we’d want teens plus small sell on so think we need to hope some Champ club comes in with a bid in between those sums.
Don't think many (if any) Championship clubs can pay £10M these days either. Can't see us making much profit, if any, on this player.

He is a bit like Undav in one way: scores goals, but not much good at anything else.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Id prefer we didn't sell Mitoma and bought in Sima.

Injuries are a thing, as we've found out this season. And we almost certainly won't have Fati.

Every season squad strength is what gets us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here