Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sign Here

If you don't give two fucks who we play in the 4th round of the cup, or how much the ticket will cost, but will go anyway.

I'm getting royally f***ed off with all this "oh I think it should only be a tenner if we're playing such and such" or "oh alright then, I'll pay whatever if it's Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea etc etc"

You either support Brighton, or you don't. You don't pick and choose who we play, so either turn up, or shut up.

Rant over.

f*** off.

Rant over.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
£30-£40 quid is a lot of money when it can be watched at home or in a pub for free.

If all Brighton's matches were on tv then would you ever go to the Amex?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The atmosphere was one of the best of the season and we won, so lets not change a winning combination.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Good question, probably not, unless the atmosphere improved. I'd spend my money on away games.

How did you feel the atmosphere was on Saturday?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Couldn't agree more. I appreciate that there are those who, for practical or financial reasons aren't able to attend all matches. Also, since moving to
the Amex we probably have a number of neutrals and fans of other clubs who come just to watch a football match. I can understand them picking and choosing which matches they attend. However, for fans who don't come into those categories saying they would go to watch Arsenal but not Swansea makes me wonder how dedicated they are to supporting Brighton. For my part, I go to support my team regardless of the opposition. Incidentally, I would prefer to see a team like Swansea than one like Arsenal, that draws support from people with no link to the club other than that they are ( or have been! ) successful. Probably many who
hail from Sussex!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I'd be there even if it was a shit team, daughter in tow. One of the best performances and atmospheres of the season so far.......£28 for a cup game, not bad at all.....Loads of new people around me who were prepared to put in some effort and get an atmosphere going....... And well done south stand for having a go. West stand, you knew the price that tickets would be when you got your season tickets and that you would have to pay for cup games, f***ing moaning old tossers..........

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
If you don't give two fucks who we play in the 4th round of the cup, or how much the ticket will cost, but will go anyway.

I'm getting royally f***ed off with all this "oh I think it should only be a tenner if we're playing such and such" or "oh alright then, I'll pay whatever if it's Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea etc etc"

You either support Brighton, or you don't. You don't pick and choose who we play, so either turn up, or shut up.

Rant over.

Well said, Mr Barber

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am thankful we are in the 4th round again,after years of 1st and 2nd round exits,ok we start at the 3rd round at our current level,but lets strive for that 5th round now.

Arsenal would be the obvious choice,why not,but what better to have Swansea (a very tough opponent) more beatable,but let's not forget their recent visits to The Gunners,a lucky draw in the 5th round could see us make the 1/4 Finals,get to that stage and anything could happen.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
£30-£40 quid is a lot of money when it can be watched at home or in a pub for free.

Based on this argument, why did people bother turning up to the Olympics? And seeing as most games seem to be be available on some stream or another, why do you bother going at all?

I'll be there, regardless of the costs involved. I wouldn't risk missing a day like yesterday. For those people that don't think they could save the few pounds difference between what they want to pay and what they will pay by going without a few pints or similar, I feel genuinely sorry for you.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Aren't you always moaning about the atmosphere?

I bet it'll be absolutely rocking in your front room!

Yep, did you notice how good the atmosphere was yesterday?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a 1901, so fortunately all home cup ties are included in the monthly charge. If I didn't I'd pay to see anyone in the next round, even a minnow. So consider it signed.

Based on atmosphere and result yesterday I can't wait for another cup tie against which ever side wins the replay - also if I get a seat with as good a view as yesterday I will be well pleased. Already have 4 definites to accompany me whoever it is against!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
People decide what value they put on something and if the thing in question is within their range, they will go. Its all to do with the perceived value to them, and everyone has a different perceived value for watching the Albion in any home or away match (not just ticket costs but other factors too like travel time, alternatives, etc which influence decisions)

I don't think any less of a fan for deciding not to go nor do i want to see any special treatment or recognition just because i have or they have gone to certain games. It's a personal choice and everyone is different and the last thing i would want is people turning on each other and almost picking on people because of the choice they made, we all support the Albion in our own way and to differing levels and all should be welcome.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Ticket price high.... beer price high.... food price high.... leaving Kent at 10:30am to get to a home match weird......I'M IN...OH X2

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Brighton Arsenal in the FA cup was one of the first games I went to as a kid. My brother was and is an Arsenal supporter. I haven't felt as excited since I first met my girlfriend. i'm sure it will soon wear off though. I really am sure.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
People decide what value they put on something and if the thing in question is within their range, they will go. Its all to do with the perceived value to them, and everyone has a different perceived value for watching the Albion in any home or away match (not just ticket costs but other factors too like travel time, alternatives, etc which influence decisions)

I don't think any less of a fan for deciding not to go nor do i want to see any special treatment or recognition just because i have or they have gone to certain games. It's a personal choice and everyone is different and the last thing i would want is people turning on each other and almost picking on people because of the choice they made, we all support the Albion in our own way and to differing levels and all should be welcome.

Good point, well put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here