Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Should the queen abdicate?

Should she stay or should she go now?

• NO WAY - she's here, till she's not here, so to speak

Votes: 101 56.4%
  • YES WAY - time to give Charles his moment before he's too old himself!

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • MAYBE WAY - Only if its HRH Prince William who takes over

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • WAY OUT - Make her the last monarch - time for UK to become a republic like Australia did

Votes: 46 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Prince Andrew wasn't being refined for the role of King which Charles was. It wouldn't have just been about the school but everything else around him.

I think there is some truth in that be honest. Putting aside the role of the Monarch, most of my lifetime has filled with discussions about the problems with the rest of them, mostly around who they've decide to associate themselves with.

It's of constant bemusement to my myself and the rest of the population they often get into personal financial problems.

What do you do with a Prince Andrew ?

Nobody knows, which is why they often get themselves into "trouble", although he's obviously taken it to a new level.

Of course Charles has acted different (and been treated differently) because he has the big job lined up. That's how it works.

When we talk about reform, that's really what we are talking about - "The Firm".

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given that he was born into his situation it is commendable that he has engaged so enthusiastically with humanist issues when he could quite easily have kept his head down and trawled the planet for self-indulgence while being a pompous and obnoxious tit, like his brother. So I commend his choices. Not sure his military career amounted to much more than that of Sergeant Arthur Wilson but, in the absence of bloody conflict, we can let that pass.

All that is far, far from a justification for the continuation of the Royals, of course. Failure to be a relentless shit. Many of us can lay claim to that. And I say that as someone who favours the Royal continuation (albeit with some rearrangement of the finances, and a reduction in the number of related beneficiaries to the arrangements, as I noted elsewhere).

Still, where does he stand on fox hunting? Romantic, I think he said.

And his ideas of succession, when he was younger, amounted to little more than finding a reasonably blue blooded virgin to breed with, while coninuing his real agenda with another man's wife. He did eventually formalize his true love, but not till he'd driven his princess wife to dispair. That wasn't very nice.

Could happen to anyone, of course. Which is human. We all make ghastly mistakes for indefensible reasons. None of us are special, after all :shrug:

Despite his gurning and palpable lack of brain, I don't mind the Prince. And I hope he becomes King and continues to spread goodwill.

His military career was RAF pilot training whilst at university, then 5 years in the Royal Navy, on three different ships.
A close friend of mine encountered him several times in those five years, and he was very well thought of, unlike his younger brother.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His military career was RAF pilot training whilst at university, then 5 years in the Royal Navy, on three different ships.
A close friend of mine encountered him several times in those five years, and he was very well thought of, unlike his younger brother.

Thanks for that. Noted. Pleasin :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On an ongoing day to day basis, there is more media coverage of the Royals here than in the UK. They need to fill the 24 hour news channels with something.
Really? What do you watch?

Must be on 7, 9 and 10 and probably one of the many reasons I don't watch them.

Prince Charles went to school over here for a year. Geelong Grammar I believe.

Don't mind him myself, seems alright.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here