Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the game vs Newcastle have been free for STH?

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Would you pay current prices +20% to get all games included? Gamble on us getting home ties and then be very smug, or keep the 20% in your pocket but pay "these mental f***ing prices" for each game?

What do those of you who are STH but aren't going think?

Personally I think you should stop moaning and pay up but that doesn't mean I'm correct in my thinking.

If you smoke or drink and are not going because of the cost your view is not valid and you should restructure your finances accordingly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With it being on TV I thought that the price was too high so decided to let somebody else who hasn't been to the Amex have the chance to go. To answer the question no it shouldnt be as we are a business and need to sell tickets.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Would you pay current prices +20% to get all games included? Gamble on us getting home ties and then be very smug, or keep the 20% in your pocket but pay "these mental f***ing prices" for each game?

Personally I think you should stop moaning and pay up but that doesn't mean I'm correct in my thinking.

If you smoke or drink and are not going because of the cost your view is not valid and you should restructure your finances accordingly.

I don't think it is for you or anyone to tell people how they choose to spend their money.
And no, cup tickets should be extra so people pay for what they want to attend.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I think its a bad idea, because it could mean that one year we have no home cup games, and another year we may play all our cup games at home for several rounds in both cup competitions, costing the club money as it still has to pay the opposition it's share.

Would people be happy if we got Halifax as our only home game in the cup and had paid 20% extra when ticket prices might have been around the £10 - £15 mark?

It's their choice and can fully understand and support their decision not to go, everyone is different and some may be keen to go but just can't make it for whatever reason (financial / working / holiday booked..etc) - It doesn't make me think any less of anyone of them for not going.

No one is or should ever be forced to go, it's a choice and if they have decided to miss this game, i will respect that decision and do not need to know why and i wouldn't question why or their commitment level, etc...

If we don't sell out, so what, there is nothing saying that we had to or needed to and being on terrestrial TV was always likely to reduce the attendance for this game.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I don't think it is for you or anyone to tell people how they choose to spend their money.
And no, cup tickets should be extra so people pay for what they want to attend.

Where did I tell people how to spend their money?

If you mean the drinking/smoking point then £40 is 3 fags per day or 3 pints per week (approximately) since the draw was announced. If you wanted to go that much then adjust your lifestyle accordingly.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Im going no matter what, im not going to complain about ticket prices. I WANT the club to have my money, i want us to be a rich and successful club.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Im going no matter what, im not going to complain about ticket prices. I WANT the club to have my money, i want us to be a rich and successful club.

This is my take on it I would'nt like to have missed this one although I understand that the financial climate is difficult for quite a number of supporters at the moment especially this time of the year.I'm getting on a bit now but have had financial restrictions when my kids were young and with buying the family home etc,I missed a number of years of being able to afford going to games managing maybe one or two games a season.
Now things are different and I can spend my spare money on footie rather than food and clothes for the family,This I'm afraid is the reality and does not make me or people who are struggling now any less the fan,just priorities.I just wish that there had been more televised games when I was younger.Anyway can't wait until kick off lets get behind the lads and enjoy the game win or lose.SEAGULLS.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm not going because I have a crate of beer, some mini pizza thingys thoughtfully bought by the mrs, a big comfy reclining armchair and a central heating system that will be cranked up to "Barbados" settings. Not to mention a lovely big HD telly.

If it hadn't been on terrestrial telly, then I would have gone, but for me, sitting in my pants in the warm watching my Albion clinches it on a cold January morning :)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Where did I tell people how to spend their money?

If you mean the drinking/smoking point then £40 is 3 fags per day or 3 pints per week (approximately) since the draw was announced. If you wanted to go that much then adjust your lifestyle accordingly.

Priceless

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think My £28 spent to watch a cup game vs Premiership opposition is a bargin albeit not one of the best teams, and I know its on the telly but you cannot beat going to the live game.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'm not going because I have a crate of beer, some mini pizza thingys thoughtfully bought by the mrs, a big comfy reclining armchair and a central heating system that will be cranked up to "Barbados" settings. Not to mention a lovely big HD telly.

If it hadn't been on terrestrial telly, then I would have gone, but for me, sitting in my pants in the warm watching my Albion clinches it on a cold January morning :)

Well I'm going to record it then watch it all again,so hopefully the best of both worlds it does'nt get much better does it,unless of course a big defeat then I'll have to watch it to analyze where we went wrong still does'nt get much better

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yes it should be free or would have been nice. Alot of clubs include the first home match of any cup game in the ST's. Infact we used to do that also. It should at least have only been a £5 on top of what you pay per match, instead of £14 more in my case.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Then sell your house and donate the proceeds to Bloom :thumbsup:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Thank you and this is why the attendence will be down, wish a few more could admit it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If the Auto Cup Scheme enabled you to buy your ticket at the same pro rata price you pay for league games it may have been a winner, if the alternative was buying at full price.

I'm going anyway but just a thought.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
i was'nt going until a few hours work turned up unexpectedly and i can now afford it also a bonus that my seat was still free in a sea of sold seats.so if you watching at home to save some pennies or going it should be a good game.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Y fronts?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yes it should be free or would have been nice. Alot of clubs include the first home match of any cup game in the ST's. Infact we used to do that also. It should at least have only been a £5 on top of what you pay per match, instead of £14 more in my case.

So you think that the people who pay full price because they pay game by game should have been charged an extra £5 for this one?

Sts save you a lot of money over the season, but all this moaning about the gap in prices only increases the likelihood of that gap closing so a normal full price ticket won't seem so much more to a STH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here