[Albion] Should TB sack Potter?

Should TB sack GP

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
(I don’t vote Potter Out on nsc polls.)

But there’s often deliberately sly conflating in these threads, that anyone who does, is also anti Bloom.

Utter garbage.

Out of 1,000’s posters over the years, THPP stands out as the only one. In fairness to him, seemingly just out of frustration on results/persistent squad limitations.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
For the record, these are those who think Potter should be sacked:

Bertie Wooster,
Biscuit Barrel,
BluesRockDJ,
Clive Walker,
Dibdab,
Don Tmatter,
Dr Bandler,
essbee1,
Fitzcarraldo,
Frankworthington,
Fred Oliver - Legend,
junior,
keitho54,
Lutters,
Man of Harveys,
nordicgod,
pork pie,
portlock seagull,
Pretty pink fairy,
rocker959,
throbinson,
wehatepalace

Lads, here are some useful urls for you:

https://www.samaritans.org
https://www.mumsnet.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Curbishley
https://www.allotment-garden.org/vegetable/marrows-growing/
https://www.phallosan.co.uk

Guilty, Harry but only out of frustration

He will not be sacked,nor should he be.He needs the tools to do the job properly.He needs THREE players,not a £40 m Striker.Two forwards with pace and a midfielder that can pick a pass.Are these players already at the club or out on loan? If not,they have to be brought in

In fairness to Potter some of the footballing decisions cannot all be blamed on him,i suspect some of it came from Ashworth.Truelly baffling decisions.Also the ,sale of Burn was not down to him.It was the correct decision.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Guilty, Harry but only out of frustration

He will not be sacked,nor should he be.He needs the tools to do the job properly.He needs THREE players,not a £40 m Striker.Two forwards with pace and a midfielder that can pick a pass.Are these players already at the club or out on loan? If not,they have to be brought in

In fairness to Potter some of the footballing decisions cannot all be blamed on him,i suspect some of it came from Ashworth.Truelly baffling decisions.Also the ,sale of Burn was not down to him.It was the correct decision.

Nothing wrong with emoting after a defeat :thumbsup:

(But you didn't start a waspish thread. That's what gets on my charlies ??? :wink:)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For the record, these are those who think Potter should be sacked:

Bertie Wooster,
Biscuit Barrel,
BluesRockDJ,
Clive Walker,
Dibdab,
Don Tmatter,
Dr Bandler,
essbee1,
Fitzcarraldo,
Frankworthington,
Fred Oliver - Legend,
junior,
keitho54,
Lutters,
Man of Harveys,
nordicgod,
pork pie,
portlock seagull,
Pretty pink fairy,
rocker959,
throbinson,
wehatepalace

Lads, here are some useful urls for you:

https://www.samaritans.org
https://www.mumsnet.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Curbishley
https://www.allotment-garden.org/vegetable/marrows-growing/
https://www.phallosan.co.uk

Blimey Harry, a hit list ! I hope you haven’t got access to the personal files the mods keep on all posters !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey Harry, a hit list ! I hope you haven’t got access to the personal files the mods keep on all posters !

Lol!

Polls are either public or not. You can set it when you make it. If it is a public poll then anyone can click on the values on the right (which are blue on my laptop) and it takes you to a page listing the names of everyone next to what they voted for. Mustafa explained it all to me.

I must say that it surprises me little that one particular poster, who has never attended a Brighton game with Potter at the helm, wants him out. Sort of sums it all up for me.

Anyway, I have decided that if we lose on Wednesday, I'm going full PotterOUT, T shirt, banner, car sticker, emails to BarberOUT, and repeated threads of a 'why-oh-why can't we attack like Bumley' and 'why-oh-why hasn't PotterOUT bought a prooven striker' nature.

(Just typing that in jest made me feel a little . . . . diminished <sigh> :wink:)

boik

Potter has been here for 5 transfer windows now, and we've signed ~20 first-team players and a number of U23's.

So either the recruitment team are ignoring his input for players, or he has been given the players he wants.

It's never as simple as people try to make it. It was obvious that we wanted and tried really hard to recruit Nunez amongst others. presumably GP wanted him. Recruitment team tried hard to recruit him. It didn't happen.

This could have happened numerous occasions behind the scenes.

Your either/or is a false assumption of the sort that is commonplace on the internet.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I assume this is a joke post. When will
Our so called 'fans' realise they we are punching above our weight as a club based on size, budget etc. We are above where we should be with that criteria. Think the same idiot fans were talking about Europe a few weeks again. We lost to Liverpool, deserved they are better than us, pure and simple and spent a lot more than us on
Players. Should have beaten Newcastle and Man U, deserved at least a point v Villa, nothing v Burnley. We have lost Burn and Webster, the Main reason of lack of points, is that Potters fault? Don't think so. We will
Finish somewhere between 12-15th, pretty good for 'a little seaside club'
And probably above the likes of Leeds, Everton, Villa etc, give your heads a wobble if you think that is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I assume this is a joke post. When will
Our so called 'fans' realise they we are punching above our weight as a club based on size, budget etc. We are above where we should be with that criteria. Think the same idiot fans were talking about Europe a few weeks again. We lost to Liverpool, deserved they are better than us, pure and simple and spent a lot more than us on
Players. Should have beaten Newcastle and Man U, deserved at least a point v Villa, nothing v Burnley. We have lost Burn and Webster, the Main reason of lack of points, is that Potters fault? Don't think so. We will
Finish somewhere between 12-15th, pretty good for 'a little seaside club'
And probably above the likes of Leeds, Everton, Villa etc, give your heads a wobble if you think that is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But to whom are you are speaking ? The OP is very much Potter In and 94% of votes are for the same. You have been whooshed.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
It would be an utterly daft thing to do.

Saying that Potter does need to stop the slide quickly. And if he doesn't do it against Spurs it's going to be a long 3 weeks to the Norwich game (on the upside - he's avoiding Man City at just the right time).

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It's never as simple as people try to make it. It was obvious that we wanted and tried really hard to recruit Nunez amongst others. presumably GP wanted him. Recruitment team tried hard to recruit him. It didn't happen.

This could have happened numerous occasions behind the scenes.

Your either/or is a false assumption of the sort that is commonplace on the internet.

Of course, we have missed out on players. Every club has.

The poster I quoted said he was fed up with our labored build-up play and that Potter hasn't been given the players to do anything differently.

Which as I said, would be odd given he's been here for 5 transfer windows, so there must be some disconnect internally somewhere if he's not getting the type of players he wants.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What was NSC like when they made the decision to get rid of Gully’s Girls?

We were pacified by Barber assuring us that there would be replacement halftime entertainment. Aside from one effort by a shocking street dance troupe it never happened. I absolutely get why it didn't. He doesn't want bums staying in seats enjoying a bit of HT warbling and jigging about. He wants fans on the concourses spending. I do actually get it from a commercial point of view. Doesn't mean it's right though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were pacified by Barber assuring us that there would be replacement halftime entertainment. Aside from one effort by a shocking street dance troupe it never happened. I absolutely get why it didn't. He doesn't want bums staying in seats enjoying a bit of HT warbling and jigging about. He wants fans on the concourses spending. I do actually get it from a commercial point of view. Doesn't mean it's right though.

I thought it was because too many old men were considered to be perving at young Gully's Girls :shrug:

Put slightly more diplomatically of course

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought it was because too many old men were considered to be perving at young Gully's Girls :shrug:

Put slightly more diplomatically of course
I suspect that was a cover story but I won't elaborate on why I have that nagging thought. It never made much sense to guilt shame the fans publically and give that as a reason anyway.

Last edited:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I voted no simply because when you do a stupid poll you deserve to get people vote for the stupid answer. Same nonsense as last season by the same culprit.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Lol!

Polls are either public or not. You can set it when you make it. If it is a public poll then anyone can click on the values on the right (which are blue on my laptop) and it takes you to a page listing the names of everyone next to what they voted for. Mustafa explained it all to me.

I must say that it surprises me little that one particular poster, who has never attended a Brighton game with Potter at the helm, wants him out. Sort of sums it all up for me.

Anyway, I have decided that if we lose on Wednesday, I'm going full PotterOUT, T shirt, banner, car sticker, emails to BarberOUT, and repeated threads of a 'why-oh-why can't we attack like Bumley' and 'why-oh-why hasn't PotterOUT bought a prooven striker' nature.

(Just typing that in jest made me feel a little . . . . diminished <sigh> :wink:)

It's odd how NSC culturally insists on us all taking a position and then tarring us with it forever. It's never black and white is it?

I don't think Potter should be sacked, but if we get to the end of the season and we haven't improved on our tally from last season (especially given our strong start points-wise) then you have to wonder whether Potter is the man for the job. I would consider looking elsewhere.

Right now, Potter needs to be given time to put it right. But it isn't right, and listening to him say that he had no problems with the performance on Saturday was frsutrating. I'm assuming that privately he did, and he let a few players know about it.

Potter needs to galvanise the team. I know Bloom runs StarLizard by percentages and buys players in a similar vein i.e. if x = y then z will happen. Our team look like they are robotically moving the pieces around the pitch in the same fashion and just expecting something to happen. GP needs to get some urgency and fire back into the rational way he sets up his teams. Right now, the application is sorely missing.

And, we simply have to transition from defence to attack much faster - and we need a midfield that can actually keep up with Lamptey and Cucurella. The number of times we wait before attacking. I know it makes sense to play the ball out from defence (nobody wants those long kicks straight back to the opposition), but do it faster lads. It's so pedestrian. I would rather Solly, Tariq etc. take the player on and lose the ball than keep cutting back (as long as the attacking midfield can be bothered to trot out of defence fast enough.)

Also, shoot and hit the target - it's what you are paid to do and if you can't do it, then I'd like to see pay docked. There is no excuse in not forcing a save, just as there is no excuse in not clearing the first man with corners and free kicks.

I think Potter can turn this around, but I'd like to see evidence of this quickly, and in points, not 'performances' (I've seen enough of them).

Lastly, to contradict myself, there are a fair few games where we scored by the skin of our teeth and in the last moment (e.g. Palace, Brentford, West Ham) and I know it doesn't matter when you score - it just matters that you score - the picture could look a whole lot different if we hadn't had that rub of the green.

I remain optimistic that it will come good, but I am bored and Potter is not untouchable.

Lunchtime ramblings over.

el punal

Oh yes. Let’s sack Potter, then get in Bielsa, then sack him. After that get Frank Lampard, who would have been sacked by Everton and then we can have the longest name in football. So, by that time we’ll be in mid-April. If we’re really desperate we can always get those perennial firefighters of Pulis, Allardyce, Colin Wanker and Hodgson (also binned by Watford).

F*** me! I know the results have been disappointing but some people on here really need to get their heads out of the trough of despair. Less than a month ago we convincingly stuffed Watford 2-0 - I didn’t hear anyone rattling the cage then. Man up you you pissy lightweights and accept that it’s part of the ups and downs of football. :rant:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh yes. Let’s sack Potter, then get in Bielsa, then sack him. After that get Frank Lampard, who would have been sacked by Everton and then we can have the longest name in football. So, by that time we’ll be in mid-April. If we’re really desperate we can always get those perennial firefighters of Pulis, Allardyce, Colin Wanker and Hodgson (also binned by Watford).

F*** me! I know the results have been disappointing but some people on here really need to get their heads out of the trough of despair. Less than a month ago we convincingly stuffed Watford 2-0 - I didn’t hear anyone rattling the cage then. Man up you you pissy lightweights and accept that it’s part of the ups and downs of football. :rant:

I would say results have been disappointing because performances have been disappointing.

I think hardly anyone is saying 'sack Potter' - and I include myself in that number - but he is responsible for what gets put on the pitch and it getting that team right mentally, physically and technically. At the moment, he's got work to do and it's time for him to prove his worth. To say he hasn't got the personnel is rubbish, as the same personnel were putting in performances against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal and getting points.

I'm hoping that the revival starts on Wednesday!

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Glad to see the vast majority on here disagree with sacking Potter, even after the terrible recent run. I do agree though with those who have pointed out concerns over the trend of our mid-season slumps during Potters reign- something that definitely needs to be addressed. It would be nice to see Graham be a bit more animated on the touchline, although I appreciate this may make little difference to the players and be more something for the fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here