Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Stephens start on Saturday?

Should Dale Stephens start against Brentford on Saturday?

• Of course, Hughton said he's been good as gold & he's one of our best players

Votes: 220 89.1%
  • No chance, he might still be in a sulk & Hughton won't want to risk him getting stick from fans

Votes: 27 10.9%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You wouldn't play our best midfield pairing against the runaway league leaders?

Voted yes in the poll myself, but may well have opted for 'bench' if it had been an option.
Well they may not even be leaders when we play them, let alone 'runaway' but that works as well, maybe better so..

Stephens, Norwood - Brentford
Stephens, Kayal - Huddersfield
Sidwell, Kayal - Burton
Norwood, Ince - Reading

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well they may not even be leaders when we play them, let alone 'runaway' but that works as well, maybe better so..

Stephens, Norwood - Brentford
Stephens, Kayal - Huddersfield
Sidwell, Kayal - Burton
Norwood, Ince - Reading

Ince? In the first team by choice? :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We fought to keep him because he is one of our best players. If Hughton thinks he is fit, he starts. We need to play our best team, and Stephens will always be in our best team.

Now the squad is finally settled thanks to the ludicrous transfer window now being shut, we can really start this season and get going.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
FFS, he was injured not long after joining us and only came back for the last few games of the season before Kayal signed.
He played the rest of the season 203/14 season (14 games) after signing on 30/01/2013
He returned from injury on the 10/02/2015 and played a further 16 games.
I can't remember a particular outstanding performance in those 30 games
Last season he played 45 games mainly with Kayal and we all know what a good partnership that proved. So I am still of the opinion that Stephens looked a better player when only playing along side Kayal.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We fought to keep him because he is one of our best players. If Hughton thinks he is fit, he starts. We need to play our best team, and Stephens will always be in our best team.

Now the squad is finally settled thanks to the ludicrous transfer window now being shut, we can really start this season and get going.

We fought to keep Bridcutt and Buckley, they both turned out well didn't they. The day Stephens put in a transfer request he should have been sold.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it ok if Chris decides?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to see Norwood start but I am a little concerned that he might be a bit lightweight but we need to see what he can do. I'd bring Stephens on later in the game if needed. He needs to wait his turn after the shenanigans he caused.

Hughton will do what is best though, it's what he's paid for.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Mixed feelings about him after the transfer saga but the bottom line is Stephens is one of our best players. We've missed him and he would undoubtedly improve the team so for me he plays.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Best case scenario for me is start him on bench.

Then we're in trouble, bring him on, we win the game, relationship with the fans is immediately restored.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
We fought to keep Bridcutt and Buckley, they both turned out well didn't they. The day Stephens put in a transfer request he should have been sold.

Voted yes but agree those two players were never the same once they wanted to leave Brighton, lets just hope Stephens continues to shine as there will be a lot of eyes on him and not just Brighton fans.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Its a yes from me if CH thinks its best. He is still paid by BHA and is still part of one of the best midfield pairing in this league. Personally I think we are best rid but until then its whats best for Albion not Stephens or fans grudges that matter.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like Stephens very much any more, but he needs to start. We've missed him.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If fit and he does not play then it makes no sense keeping him here , any manager worth his salt will play his best team , no different here ,if fit, he will play .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here