Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

should of been red cards today!

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
I was at todays game and to be honest we didnt come out of the traps until way into the second half. Once we started attacking we looked good. They were a really poor side and if we played from the start like we no we can then im sure we would of won easily enough. Anyway to what i was going to say originally now. I really cannot undertand how the reffere has not sent there keeper of today. Anyone who was at the game would have seen murray past the keeper only to be taken down with no players anywere near. So how can this not be a straight red card is beyond me! There player was lucky earlier in the game aswell as he could of gone for a deliberate last man handball! After all of that ranting i do not have any complaints about murray's red card it was a stupid thing to do when your on a yellow card.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Over to you on this one Dougdeep...I think we've found bhadebenham's brother.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Over to you on this one Dougdeep...I think we've found bhadebenham's brother.
It's one thing to be ignorant of one's own language. Quite another for dozens of posters to parade that ignorance in front of everybody else. Stupid boys. Should of paid more attention during English.

If you have what teachers probably call 'literacy issues', then "should've" presumably gets misheard by sufferers as 'should of'.

It's all very weird though; a phenomenon that, however widespread, seems to be of very recent origin.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's one thing to be ignorant of one's own language. Quite another for dozens of posters to parade that ignorance in front of everybody else. Stupid boys. Should of paid more attention during English.

If you have what teachers probably call 'literacy issues', then "should've" presumably gets misheard by sufferers as 'should of'.

It's all very weird though; a phenomenon that, however widespread, seems to be of very recent origin.

:thumbsup:

Arong692, BrightonLoyal, Gav1901, KinkyGerbils, I hope you are all listening. :laugh:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes. It's what the missus dus to the clene cloves, innit.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It all starts when children fail to understand the basics of simple grammar.

Oddly enough, kids around these parts all learn English from an early age. They'd be totally baffled how errors of the 'would of' variety could be made by a depressing number of native Brits.

Footnote: And it's worrying when some of NSC's finest themselves are suffering an irony bypass - unless my own effort is now being double-bluffed here by NMH and Everest?

Last edited:

It all starts when children fail to understand the basics of simple grammar.

Oddly enough, kids around these parts all learn English from an early age. They'd be totally baffled how errors of the 'would of' variety could be made by a depressing number of native Brits.

Are you still going? ???

Have you not spotted yet, that you have been debagged? (see above ffs)

"depressing" isn't it? :lol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:lolol: at Brackers and Everest.

It's always lovely to see the nit-picking window-lickin' hick-kicking smelling pisstakers upturned in their own cribs.

Gilliver - your brain took one hell of a beating today :eek: :drool: :laugh:

Errr.... I think you've misread this thread.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wow, then someone must have laced my breakfast cereal rather heavily - I've lost my snap crackle and pop.

Explain.

I'm amazed I need to spell it out.

Gilliver stuck a "should of" in his post as a deliberate joke. He put it there as an ironic joke to take the piss out of the originator of this thread.

Now Everest and you are haranguing him for a grammatical error.

You are either suffering an irony bypass or displaying the driest form of irony as to be virtually undetectable.

I'm amazed I need to spell it out.

Gilliver stuck a "should of" in his post as a deliberate joke. He put it there as an ironic joke to take the piss out of the originator of this thread.

Now Everest and you are haranguing him for a grammatical error.

You are either suffering an irony bypass or displaying the driest form of irony as to be virtually undetectable.

Oh yeah?
How can you tell it was deliberate irony?
Explain again.

Hey wait.... maybe Arong was being ironic??
I 'must of' missed that too

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh yeah?
How can you tell it was deliberate irony?
Explain again.

Hey wait.... maybe Arong was being ironic??
I 'must of' missed that too

Arong's post is littered with grammatical and spelling errors. Even if Arong was being ironic, which is highly doubtful, the effect is somewhat lost in his sea of incoherence.

Gillver, however, has typed with correct punctuation, capitalisation and grammar throughout. He knows where apostrophes go and even where semi-colons go. Then, right in the middle of it, is his punchline: 'Should of paid more attention during English.' Brilliant. Of course it is deliberate. The contrast, between being meticulous and making a glaring error of the kind being discussed, is too great to be an accident.

Arong's post is littered with grammatical and spelling errors. Even if Arong was being ironic, which is highly doubtful, the effect is somewhat lost in his sea of incoherence.

Gillver, however, has typed with correct punctuation, capitalisation and grammar throughout. He knows where apostrophes go and even where semi-colons go. Then, right in the middle of it, is his punchline: 'Should of paid more attention during English.' Brilliant. Of course it is deliberate. The contrast, between being meticulous and making a glaring error of the kind being discussed, is too great to be an accident.

He should OF used 'these' then. Otherwise such 'genius' is open to misinterpretation. So - either way, not so great.

Must try harder. B

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He should OF used 'these' then. Otherwise such 'genius' is open to misinterpretation. So - either way, not so great.

Must try harder. B

Using quotation marks would have announced, 'This is a joke.' I'm of the view that it would have spoilt the effect somewhat but each to their own. :)

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village

Now this I am beginning to like. GR, can I have your babies? :kiss:

[ Note for editors and literalists: the poster is in fact male. ]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here