Should NATO get involved with troops and planes in Ukraine

• Sadly yes

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No way

Votes: 248 79.0%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The west doesn’t want to risk an all out war with Russia but I wouldn’t be surprised if the main and most effective intelligence agencies in the west. Ie probably UK , USA, France , Germany, Australia & Israel are not putting their heads together to try to work out a plan to remove Putin from power within Russia by some type of assignation.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If Hitler had a big red button to press in his last days of the bunker he would have pressed it. No doubt.

The worry is if Putin fails he will do the same. If he succeeds it’s not great either. Rock and a hard place.

Which is why we need to do everything we can to alienate Putin and win over the Russian people / army. Giving captured Russian troops, good food and a mobile to phone home is all part of trying to win over the Russian people. Putin doesn’t actually press the button he gives the order. Hopefully Putin’s generals will turn against him and never give the chance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
At the moment we have a fairly united planet in condemnation of Russias invasion, and therefore strong sanctions. Any escalation from outside Ukraine could break that unanimity, however, if they keep shelling residential blocks, firing at refugees during ceasefires etc, the wider world may call for NATO to provide air cover of some sort.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
The west doesn’t want to risk an all out war with Russia but I wouldn’t be surprised if the main and most effective intelligence agencies in the west. Ie probably UK , USA, France , Germany, Australia & Israel are not putting their heads together to try to work out a plan to remove Putin from power within Russia by some type of assignation.

Assignation means the making of any appointment or engagement for prostitution or lewdness, or any act in furtherance of such appointment or engagement.

It's a bit left field, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I bored no in this. BUT I find myself asking at what stage do we get involved. When he invaded the next country? When he has killed or removed all Ukraine? Only when he invaded a NATO country? If they are seriously worried that he will press button then all we are really doing it playing for time in the hope someone gets rid of him and his cronies. I really hope that serious people are working on that now. It may be our only chance of preventing the end of the world.

'Playing for time'.

That's what we are doing, effectively, because if we don't, we pretty much know how this will end, for everyone.
Time buys us....time - what we do with that bought time is another issue, but time gives a chance for 'things' to happen. What those 'things' are is anyone's guess, but surely it's the better option than WW3 kicking-off, almost immediately, should we send NATO/anyone in?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Ive changed my mind. I think Putin is a typical bully who is a coward and talks a good game. NATO should go in with its full force and kick the shit out if Russia and send them packing. The little turd is too frightened of losing his own life so wont push the nuclear button.

We need to act now because if we dont we will have to do that at some point in the future as he will think he can do anything if he gets away with this.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ive changed my mind. I think Putin is a typical bully who is a coward and talks a good game. NATO should go in with its full force and kick the shit out if Russia and send them packing. The little turd is too frightened of losing his own life so wont push the nuclear button.

We need to act now because if we dont we will have to do that at some point in the future as he will think he can do anything if he gets away with this.

I don't agree.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I bored no in this. BUT I find myself asking at what stage do we get involved. When he invaded the next country? When he has killed or removed all Ukraine? Only when he invaded a NATO country? If they are seriously worried that he will press button then all we are really doing it playing for time in the hope someone gets rid of him and his cronies. I really hope that serious people are working on that now. It may be our only chance of preventing the end of the world.

Playing for time is what democracies do best. The “phoney war” from September 1939 to May 1940 was playing for time. Munich was playing for time. The Battle of Britain was ultimately about playing for time. We waited and built and planned until June 1944 (in a European theatre sense) whereupon we were ready, prepared and supplied to the gills, such that once we risked the landings at Normandy we knew we would win the war. Dictators cannot afford to do this as they usually become paranoid about their positions, and have to provide the “wins” to keep the public on side.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My heart says go!

But my head says no.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we dont go you wont have a heart or a head. If we do go you just might be able to save both

Like Icy, I'm a shit gambler. I had a tenner on us to win the cup and an insurance tenner that we would go down :facepalm:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No but we should be doing whatever we can to help support the Ukrainian army to damage the Russian invasion.

My gut feeling is this will end with part of Ukraine being surrendered to the Russians and some sort of non-nato joining agreement for the remainder.

The idea of the west putting boots on the ground or shooting down Russian jets is madness and I feel some sort of concession (however unpalatable) that gives Putin a victory he can sell in Russian and retaining some form of Ukraine is probably about as good as it gets in this situation

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we dont go you wont have a heart or a head. If we do go you just might be able to save both

If we do go everyone’s heads and hearts will be reduced to atoms floating around in radioactive soup.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most of us layman are basically thinking the same two options;

Don’t send NATO, maybe avoid WW3
or
send NATO, definitely start WW3

I take some comfort in the likelihood that there are far greater minds than ours, military minds, that are working on manifold scenarios and options.

I would imagine these sort of situations have been strategised for decades.

I think we are going to come arse twitchingly close to Nuclear whatever occurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here