Votes: 66 21.0%
  • No way

Votes: 248 79.0%

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bullies at the school I attended, The Ever So Posh School for Poncey Ponces, were pretty tough chaps with money behind them but none had a nuclear arsenal that I recall. I think one had a Black Cat catapult.

Okay yes, , Putin is a bully but he also has nuclear capability. That’s not something to risk calling a bluff on at this stage. Or maybe it is. You know what, I haven’t a bloody clue. I’m glad I’m not making the decisions here.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Does anyone on here no how a nuclear bomb is launched? I might be stupid but I doubt Putin has a button on his desk that he just pressed and the bomb is launched, he will give the order but will the others want to die who have to launch the missile, when they can become hero's in taking Putin out and claiming to have saved the world.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Does anyone on here no how a nuclear bomb is launched? I might be stupid but I doubt Putin has a button on his desk that he just pressed and the bomb is launched, he will give the order but will the others want to die who have to launch the missile, when they can become hero's in taking Putin out and claiming to have saved the world.

This explains exactly their chain of launch command and methods of deployment.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...potential-russian-nuclear-strikes-2022-03-02/

It won’t put your mind at rest. Although it’s good to know Putin is not the last link in the chain.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Not sure how it works in Russia but in the West it is all based on a series of authenticated codes that are transmitted to silos / submarines etc that are then verified and then acted upon by military commanders. They have various pre-planned launch scenarios and they chose the one they want, add it to their basket and press send. For something so cataclysmically appalling it is very mundane and ‘Amazon’ like.

I imagine it is similar in Russia. But once the President gives the order that is pretty much it, I’m afraid. 7 minutes and counting to knock one out and set your ‘out of office’ up.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure how it works in Russia but in the West it is all based on a series of authenticated codes that are transmitted to silos / submarines etc that are then verified and then acted upon by military commanders. They have various pre-planned launch scenarios and they chose the one they want, add it to their basket and press send. For something so cataclysmically appalling it is very mundane and ‘Amazon’ like.

I imagine it is similar in Russia. But once the President gives the order that is pretty much it, I’m afraid. 7 minutes and counting to knock one out and set your ‘out of office’ up.

Cheers, at least I will be able to have the perfect boiled egg and eat it.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
'Better now'? For whom?

My opinion is that if we take him on now he will find a way to back down or we will find a way to defeat him. That will be better for everyone than wait until he has destroyed more lives and we have to find a way to deal with him in the future. The Russian army is overrated and not as good as we are supposed to believe they are. We can take them and need to do it now

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Cheers, at least I will be able to have the perfect boiled egg and eat it.

Yeah. Knowing my luck all I’ll be able to find is a frozen lasagne that says “microwave for 3 minutes. Remove film lid then cook for a further 4 minutes.”

Bugger.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
My opinion is that if we take him on now he will find a way to back down or we will find a way to defeat him. That will be better for everyone than wait until he has destroyed more lives and we have to find a way to deal with him in the future. The Russian army is overrated and not as good as we are supposed to believe they are. We can take them and need to do it now

No. We can't 'take them', just as they can't 'take us'. We all lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here