Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Capello stay on after the Euros?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
As we're now unofficial world/european champions -(well, the sweaties are still dining out on their 1967 win so why not!)- and as HR may not be available due to a an appointment with HRH, should Capello be persuaded to stay on if England do the unthinkable and win or go close in next year's Euro's?

Did yesterday's performance tactically (and the introduction of younger players) show that he's learnt from the South African debacle and is able to change/adapt to move the team forwards?

If HR is unavailable (and there would currently seem to be a dearth of other suitable candidates), should the FA ask FC to stay on????

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Japan are actually the unofficial world champions.

As for Fabio I think he should go. He was great when he first came in with his ideals and discipline but then panicked going into World Cup and threw all that out the window! I mean after what Capello said about you only play if your fit and then taking Gareth Barry to South Africa who could not play the first 2 games was a nonsense...And do not get me started trying to persuade players to be involved who had not played for England for years was a joke.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Absolutely not. Fat Sam should be the next manager, for the sole reason that Gus will not leave us to go to Wet Spam.

Of course I'm joking, but Capello should hop-pit smartish.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Obviously...name an English manager who comes even close to his record.....

If he does well at the Euros I would love him to keep his job. He seems to have learnt a lot since the world cup, and bar a few anxious moments at the end of the match yesterday he showed the world how to contain Spain/Barca with a very good defensive display(Even with Glen Johnson on the pitch!). I'd prefer him over 'Arry and most other English managers, none of which have the credentials and experience he has. My only criticism of him at the moment is why the hell isn't Micah Richards in the squad? The guy is playing consistently so well for Man City and deserves a chance in the national team.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
We do have good candidate's in England.

Pardew would be a good shout really dont believe he gets so much crap.
Fat Sam
and im going to get lynched for this but Adkins is a good manager not sure if his England manager quality though.

And

I know his Welsh but Pulis at Stoke would be on my list if i was the FA.

Fat Sam
and im going to get lynched for this but Adkins is a good manager not sure if his England manager quality though.

And

I don't mind Pardew, Adkins could do with a bit more top level experience and I wouldn't want allardyce anywhere near the England job....

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton

Fat Sam

And

Pulis :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
should Capello be persuaded to stay on if England do the unthinkable and win or go close in next year's Euro's?
Yes.
Did yesterday's performance tactically (and the introduction of younger players) show that he's learnt from the South African debacle and is able to change/adapt to move the team forwards?
Not sure. No doubt he has learnt from SA, he is a quality manager, but quite how far he can improve the team I don't know.
If HR is unavailable (and there would currently seem to be a dearth of other suitable candidates), should the FA ask FC to stay on????
If we win the Euro's, yes. If we play great football and come close, yes. If we're not very good, no.

Oct 25, 2003

Fat Sam

And

if any of them are international quality then i'm the 5th beatle

Oct 25, 2003
Why Redknapp then i dont get the praise he gets at all

doesn't he write for the sun? or at least he did.......would probably explain the praise he gets from the tabloids

he's the best english manager.......however he's had a very long career and doesn't ACTUALLY have that much to show for it

if we HAVE to have an english manager then he's probably the best candidate....but i don't think we should

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Every club he touched ended up in a financial mess even spurs had to rein in there spending this summer due to over spending on Wages and Players by Harry.

I dont get the praise he gets, every club he has been at he has spent decent money, wouldn't mind seeing him running a club with a very small budget.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not go for Stuart Pearce ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here