Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Capello stay on after the Euros?

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
He's contracted till 2012, he's also said he will leave the position after the Euro 2012 finals no matter what happens.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think two tournament cycles is enough for any England manager plus I expect a few retirements from players after the Euros.

Redknapp's health problems and court case makes the succession interesting though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why not go for Stuart Pearce ?

I don't go along with all the grief England players get. I'm an England fan, I support them.

but if Pearce got the job, I'd be very depressed. Apart from chest thumping, being an alright defender and scoring a penalty, what are his qualifications?

A massive step back if you ask me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes because the possible replacements (the usual names) are no where near as good as him. Not going to happen though

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Why not go for Stuart Pearce ?

Pearce is my choice too, there is nobody out there that could get close to him for passion.
You can imagine the dressing room before kick off with pearcey geeing them up, he'll be like he was after scoring that penalty

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Pearce is my choice too, there is nobody out there that could get close to him for passion.
You can imagine the dressing room before kick off with pearcey geeing them up, he'll be like he was after scoring that penalty
Yeah that's right, give Pearce the chance.
We can once again be proud of our nation with a proud Englishman in charge!
If Gus was english... In a way I'm pleased he's not but who is the English equivalent?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Over the last few tournaments and years it's obvious we have been out thought tactically and not been up for games as players look uninterested or confused.

I understand that people like the idea of Stuart Pearce to install a bit of passion into the squad, however as Capello's assistant I would have thought he would have been doing that already and doesn't seem to make much difference. Tactically I'm not sure Pearce is the man for the job, limited experience and u21 role doesn't prepare you for the national job.

It all comes down to whether the FA want an English manager at all costs or the best man for the job. If they have their heart set on an English manager apart from Redknapp there isn't much to choose from so maybe Pearce will be considered.

If they want the best man for the job they are better off asking Capello to stay if we have a good Euros or someone like Guus Hiddink

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Get rid of him and his hoofball bollocks. Fabregas was right with his comments - only one team was trying to play football on Saturday and it wasn't England.

D

Deleted member 18477

Postman Pat can f**k off! 1 game doesnt change much for me. sick to death of him and his love for john terry/wayne rooney/gareth barry!

get stuart pearce in. even if we do shit i'm not bothered as he wouldnt let any english team get away with losing without putting in 100% effort first!

failing that - which will be the case as the FA are scared of passion - i'd go for Harry Redknapp. He knows how to get a result at least!

D

Deleted member 18477

Get rid of him and his hoofball bollocks. Fabregas was right with his comments - only one team was trying to play football on Saturday and it wasn't England.

effective football is the best kind of football though. and england will never be able to play slick football AND win at the same time.

fabregas was talking as though he was at arsenal still. losers moan at the opponents style of play.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Obviously...name an English manager who comes even close to his record.....

What at being shit....because thats what we are under Capello

Id rather have Redknapp, O'Neill, Hodgson practically anyone, anyone with a grasp of the English language would be an improvement, and someone who is going to attempt to play attractive attacking football

Has to be Redknapp at the moment, the only obvious candidate

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think Pearce in the 'Charlie Oatway' role would be fine - but as someone pointed out, doesn't he do that already? If he were in charge we'd soon be pining for the tactical genius of Kevin Keegan. And all those who say they "don't care if we're crap" are either lying or are fooling themselves. (Those who have already said on here that they don't give a shit about the national team don't count).

Postman Pat can f**k off! 1 game doesnt change much for me. sick to death of him and his love for john terry/wayne rooney/gareth barry!

get stuart pearce in. even if we do shit i'm not bothered as he wouldnt let any english team get away with losing without putting in 100% effort first!

failing that - which will be the case as the FA are scared of passion - i'd go for Harry Redknapp. He knows how to get a result at least!

But how will he get his results with England? You can't but yourself to a cup with a national team, then leave the club riddled with debt afterwards!

D

Deleted member 18477

But how will he get his results with England? You can't but yourself to a cup with a national team, then leave the club riddled with debt afterwards!

no you can't buy players BUT if you cant get a few results against some good teams with:
(in brackets - my estimate of their transfer fees if you were to buy them right now)

hart (20 million)

richards (15 million), jones (18 million), lescott (15 million), cole (20 million)

wilshere (25 million), parker (8 million), lampard (8 million)

rooney (35+ million), bent (20 million), a.young (20 million)

total: (204 million)

or a team similar to the quality of the above... then you shouldnt even call yourself a football manager!

and i feel harry could get a few results. thats millions of pounds worth of prem stars there!

no you can't buy players BUT if you cant get a few results against some good teams with:
(in brackets - my estimate of their transfer fees if you were to buy them right now)

hart (20 million)

richards (15 million), jones (18 million), lescott (15 million), cole (20 million)

wilshere (25 million), parker (8 million), lampard (8 million)

rooney (35+ million), bent (20 million), a.young (20 million)

total: (204 million)

or a team similar to the quality of the above... then you shouldnt even call yourself a football manager!

and i feel harry could get a few results. thats millions of pounds worth of prem stars there!
Haha I guess so, at least he won't be able to make us go under! The Englad job might be suited for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here