Short sleeve shirts and ties

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone remember sammy gordon clothes shop north st brighton.. guy who was maybe the owner ? used to stand outside and try and entice you into the shop...

275835422qQzADB_ph.jpg

Damn - someone beat me to it! Did you know I also "invented" the microwaveable hot water bottle? By the time I got round to researching the technical aspects, it was already in the shops!
I'm still waiting for my brilliant idea to get developed into a 'must buy' product for the twenty-first century:-

CANNED LETTUCE.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Anyone remember sammy gordon clothes shop north st brighton.. guy who was maybe the owner ? used to stand outside and try and entice you into the shop...

View attachment 10780

He enticed me in a few times. Mohair double pleat suits. Full length dark blue leather coat to match me Vespa GS 160. :smokin:

I'm still waiting for my brilliant idea to get developed into a 'must buy' product for the twenty-first century:-

CANNED LETTUCE.

Have you noticed that frozen, microwaveable mash is appearing in the shops? Obviously for people who can't be bothered to pour boiling water on some granules! Would they recognise a Lancashire peeler? Or even a potato?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The tie is the issue.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As I drove through Alperton the other week, I noticed a West Indian chap wearing a short sleeved suit with a short sleeved shirt and trousers that stopped just below the knee. He looked ridiculous.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Any woman that wears her socks on her arms isnt all there frankly so well done malawi for seeing the light

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wear short sleeve shirts, must be white, to weddings funerals etc with a tie and then when everything becomes relaxed take off both my jacket and tie thus leaving a short sleeve shirt with a less formal look.

More to the point is the awful habit of having the top button undone on a shirt with a tie or a shirt with a collar that is 2 or 3 sizes too big and just hangs around the neck very loosely.

Agreed

It's all very well having a go at those with the short sleeved combo going on but some of us have no choice.

I can't wear long sleeves OR a tie because it sends my body into meltdown, even in the depths of winter.

I need a fan on full blast ALL DAY in my office just to keep me from disintegrating my short sleeved shirt with SWEAT.

Personally however I see no justification for wearing a tie in any non-client-facing role in this day and age. It's just a symbol of capitalist oppression

Agreed. Suit and ties are just meaningless tradition but managers in their office suites still seem to insist on it. Personally, I don't really think clients give a toss. The worst conmen can wear suits for their jobs (look at MPs) but most smart businessmen/entrepreneurs will see through it.

the jit is ..wear what you feel comfortable in,. ie . if your 50 60 ish and wanna wear jeans with rips in then so what...forget what other people may think !!

Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports