A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
250px-Lanley_Institute.png

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Needs to be an inert waste tip for many many years (inert waste does not leach btw). Reprofiled to the same as it was originally and planted with Trees

As for the Asbestos it makes no sense to take it from this site to put it into another hole in the ground somewhere else.

Needs to be the bottom layer of the inert waste probably well over 250 feet below the new surface, again asbestos does not leach.

Site has been slowly falling to bits the whole 27 years I have lived here, not holding my breath about refurbing it!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Needs to be an inert waste tip for many many years (inert waste does not leach btw). Reprofiled to the same as it was originally and planted with Trees

As for the Asbestos it makes no sense to take it from this site to put it into another hole in the ground somewhere else.

Needs to be the bottom layer of the inert waste probably well over 250 feet below the new surface, again asbestos does not leach.

Site has been slowly falling to bits the whole 27 years I have lived here, not holding my breath about refurbing it!

Yes indeed, that's what I would like to see.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
AFAIK the costs of removing or dealing with all the asbestos in the buildings has always been so large as to make any investment on the site unviable. I don't have any source, it's just what I have been hearing for 30 years :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
How about doing what they did with the power station in Germany at landschaftspark duisburg-nord? Well worth taking a look on Google. View attachment 148702

That place is not made of asbestos. . . I've not seen numbers but the clean up has put everyone off. . .its now a national eyesore in the middle of a national park. . . .someone needs to put a plan together ( including properly 'persuading' blue circle to help ) to tidy up, BEFORE any hair brained redevelopment plans are seriously considered.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Accommodation for the 2,398 players currently in “the development squad” just down the road from. Or perhaps just release them and buy a single PL quality striker with added bonus of automatically helping clear up hundreds of Sussex Polices missing persons cases

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They can't get rid of it until they've got to filming that one Roy Grace book that includes the site in the plot.

Then and only then can they redevelop the site.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They can't get rid of it until they've got to filming that one Roy Grace book that includes the site in the plot.

Then and only then can they redevelop the site.

We tried doing a photo shoot for a car there a few years back, got kicked out, quite aggressively. Dudman probably has ties with Sussex police! :dunky:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We tried doing a photo shoot for a car there a few years back, got kicked out, quite aggressively. Dudman probably has ties with Sussex police! :dunky:

I went in there some years back looking for fossils. It's huge inside. Do you still see Paul, as he grew up in Dacre Gardens?

cement works.PNG

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I went in there some years back looking for fossils. It's huge inside. Do you still see Paul, as he grew up in Dacre Gardens?

View attachment 148718

It is massive, we walked the dog up that way and my lad flew his drone over, quite a sight, on site. . . I remember DG, his Grans? and a load of subbuteo in a shed!

I saw Paul with Sam at the glorious display that was Cardiff at home a few years ago, first time I'd seen him in ages. .don't think I've seen him since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here