Feb 6, 2006
mod edit: removed at poster's request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fell so sorry for the organisers. They do this to raise money for a worthy cause not get dragged through HSE court proceedings and finger pointing from people who suddenly think they know better post event.

What a frankly bizarre comment.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

That looked horrific. I hope this can be one of those time where somehow everyone makes it out alive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. It's one thing choosing to attend an air show knowing the risks involved but endangering passers by is something else entirely.

We don't know what happened yet so maybe we should all hold off making comments like these?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

That is an absolutely awful sight.

Prayers to all caught up in it.

It puts the outcome of a game of football into perspective.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fingers crossed the reported casualties are minimal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky news sadly reporting the inevitable now.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
These points maybe for another day.

Sorry just a bit pissed off after hearing a group of people in the concourse saying they should not have jets at the airshow and the A27 should be closed during displays. My thoughts are obviously with those injured or worse today. Sad day for Sussex.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sky reporting severel people have died at the scene, really don't know what to say. I'm sitting here typing and can hear nothing but sirens and helicopters. my heart goes out to all involved.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Sky reporting severel people have died at the scene, really don't know what to say. I'm sitting here typing and can hear nothing but sirens and helicopters. my heart goes out to all involved.
Same here, sirens have been going near me pretty solidly since it happened.

I was watching a display from my garden this morning as well, feels very odd for a idyllic day to have gone so very wrong.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fell so sorry for the organisers. They do this to raise money for a worthy cause not get dragged through HSE court proceedings and finger pointing from people who suddenly think they know better post event.

Couldn't give a toss .... my two children and my ex-wife were due to be traveling across that bit of road this afternoon and I can't get hold of them !!!!! HSE and all that shite has nothing to do with it.

*** and that was couldn't give a toss for the organisers at the moment ***

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Couldn't give a toss .... my two children and my ex-wife were due to be traveling across that bit of road this afternoon and I can't get hold of them !!!!! HSE and all that shite has nothing to do with it.

Hope you establish contact with your family soon, mate.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Hope they are all okay

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Oh god, hope all is ok.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"A number of people are feared dead after a fighter jet taking part in the Shoreham air show crashed on to a road.

Sussex police said the aircraft hit four cars on the A27 just north of Shoreham airport, where the Royal Air Forces Association air show was being held.

The Royal Sussex County hospital said it was put on alert for a major incident at 2pm. A spokesman said it had received two casualties, one in a critical condition and one with minor injuries.

Unconfirmed reports said that two cyclists were killed in the crash."

Quoted from The Guardian

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Hope you get contact with them very soon bud.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I just served a customer who finished a shift at Worthing Hospital. He said there are 7 fatalities, eight criticals including the pilot. Many others sustained minor injuries. The RSCH is the main trauma receiving unit for critical care, Worthing on hand to take the kess seriously hurt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fingers crossed mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here