Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
A siege is taking place in the Belgian town of Molenbeek where Police think they've found some associates of the Paris killers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think there's a contradiction in your post - Taking your first comment, I think you're right, we haven't figured out why we are the targets of ISIS et al, we guess, we ponder but we don't know. But then you go on to say that if we want to to discuss the suffering of muslim people, we are 'hand wringers' - There within is the problem with much of this discussion, any attempt to try and understand why the belligerents may be so inclined is met with bluster and expressions like 'hand wringers' and apologists. Everyone has to recognise that if we don't understand the problem, how do we arrive at a solution?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting there's an easy answer but a) Pretty obvious bombing doesn't work, we've been doing it for 14 years now, and b) To find the answer, we have to understand the question....

Brings to mind a quote for good old Winston.

To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war.

Winston Churchill

Not suggesting this in its most literal way and that we should get round the table with these maniacs but I agree with your post in that we need to understand them better to find a way to defeat them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's a fairly neutral piece and very interesting. Why not read it before blustering on about the author? THEN make your mind up.

Firstly I am busy working and havent got the inclination to read it just yet.

Dont tell me not to comment on the author, I am guessing you spew out the normal 'Daly Hate' bull, so the authors and their politique is wholly relevant.

How can I make up my mind about something I cannot be sure about when someone of a similar authoritative status might write a piece that will offer a completely opposite view.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Dont tell me not to comment on the author, I am guessing you spew out the normal 'Daly Hate' bull, so the authors and their politique is wholly relevant.

How can I make up my mind about something I cannot be sure about when someone of a similar authoritative status might write a piece that will offer a completely opposite view.

Read them both?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brings to mind a quote for good old Winston.

To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war.

Winston Churchill

Not suggesting this in its most literal way and that we should get round the table with these maniacs but I agree with your post in that we need to understand them better to find a way to defeat them.
Or in ISIL's case, saw-jaw is better than jaw-jaw.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And there you have it. You've hit the nail on the head here. For many it's nothing more than religious intolerance.

I have yet to see a compelling argument why being intolerant of any religion that relies on brainwashing most of it's followers from an earl age to sustain it is a bad thing.

If any other institution decreed the death penalty for those that leave it's embrace or promoted segregation of different sexes or subjugation of women or condemnation for sexual orientation (to name but a few examples) it would be rightly pilloried.

Are we supposed to tolerate this belief system because the followers are a minority in this country, mainly of a different colour skin, different ethnicity or just because the label religion gives it a free pass?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Do me a favour. You've found the time to post ELEVEN times on here today. And I don't even know what you mean by your term "'Daly hate' bull", so no, not guilty of that. Unless you want to show me some evidence of what you mean? Otherwise I might conclude it's a feeble side-swipe just because you've been called out by several people on here for not bothering to read the article.

Rather than pontificate about the author of an article you haven't bothered to read, how about reading it and then make your mind up when you've read some more articles?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ahhh how about the 3rd, 4th and 5th or can you confirm that there are only two positions on this ??

I would say that that depends on how much of an authority you want to be. The more angles you have on it the more informed you will be. Although if they are all as long as this one i can't see me getting through much.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Or indeed to dismiss it without bothering.

Reading it at the moment (although very bleary eyed) and it is an interesting read. It brings up the point echoed in [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] 's post that we actually know very little about the group and its intentions and wishes.

i'm sorry ...but aren't they a bunch of ill educated , disenfranchised thugs who are being slowly but surely whipped into a cataclysmic frenzy by a large handful of seriously anti - israeli , anti- american ,anti british .....in fact anti western way of life loooonatics , who hide in schools and hospitals hoping that their whereabouts will make the allies think twice about bombing the location for fear of bringing up the civillian casualty card....?? well **** me dead .....world war three it's not to far off in my humble opinion , russia , china , europe all combine to wipe the filthy isis scum and anyone who adheres to them , off the face of the planet......we are now in the 21 st century people , we have sent a satelite 140,0000,000 miles across the galaxy, landed on the moon , split the atom , created energy from the sun , wind and waves but then on the other hand we have relegated women to the status of semen recepticals , to be covered from head to toe , to have their genitals butchered , to be stoned to death for being raped......and you really want to reason with these *****.....you're ****ing gone in the head ,only one way out now boys.....do it.....quick....:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i'm sorry ...but aren't they a bunch of ill educated , disenfranchised thugs who are being slowly but surely whipped into a cataclysmic frenzy by a large handful of seriously anti - israeli , anti- american ,anti british .....in fact anti western way of life loooonatics , who hide in schools and hospitals hoping that their whereabouts will make the allies think twice about bombing the location for fear of bringing up the civillian casualty card....?? well **** me dead .....world war three it's not to far off in my humble opinion , russia , china , europe all combine to wipe the filthy isis scum and anyone who adheres to them , off the face of the planet......we are now in the 21 st century people , we have sent a satelite 140,0000,000 miles across the galaxy, landed on the moon , split the atom , created energy from the sun , wind and waves but then on the other hand we have relegated women to the status of semen recepticals , to be covered from head to toe , to have their genitals butchered , to be stoned to death for being raped......and you really want to reason with these *****.....you're ****ing gone in the head ,only one way out now boys.....do it.....quick....:thumbsup:

Given the length of time this has been going on I don't think your 'quick' suggestion is the answer.( Edit: to be honest i am not really sure what your suggestion is, but time has proven that 'quick' is not going to be involved)

And no I don't want to reasons with them.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
they are bursting with religious hatred , they use the crusades as their basis and the bush , blair weapons of mass destruction debacle as a follow on , triple that up with the fact that we have removed the "hardmen " or "dictators" from the situation , the dictators that have kept the buggers in check for the last 30 or 40 years ........add that to the west's all round interference in the Arabian area and you have plenty of ammo asto why these ****ers hate us so much........what is unbelievable is that european leaders have sat back for so long and watched their countries get slowly swamped by benefit claiming , multi spawning foreigners to the point where a lot of them are now over run by immigrants......oooohhh...is this a racist rant , or does the truth hurt..........???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Do me a favour. You've found the time to post ELEVEN times on here today. And I don't even know what you mean by your term "'Daly hate' bull", so no, not guilty of that. Unless you want to show me some evidence of what you mean? Otherwise I might conclude it's a feeble side-swipe just because you've been called out by several people on here for not bothering to read the article.

Rather than pontificate about the author of an article you haven't bothered to read, how about reading it and then make your mind up when you've read some more articles?

I have said I might read it, thats really all you need to know, if at all you should care at all.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Given the length of time this has been going on I don't think your 'quick' suggestion is the answer.( Edit: to be honest i am not really sure what your suggestion is, but time has proven that 'quick' is not going to be involved)

And no I don't want to reasons with them.

they need to be got rid of mate , plain and simple.......the ability is there , no doubt at all .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have said I might read it, thats really all you need to know, if at all you should care at all.
I don't care at all. Just don't pontificate about articles you haven't read or try bullshitting everyone with stupid reasons why you haven't read it such as "I'm too busy", when you're clearly not.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just spent the time to read the posted article. Blimey - that's an eye opener on what they plan. A very good and thorough article. Very much recommended.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
they are bursting with religious hatred , they use the crusades as their basis and the bush , blair weapons of mass destruction debacle as a follow on , triple that up with the fact that we have removed the "hardmen " or "dictators" from the situation , the dictators that have kept the buggers in check for the last 30 or 40 years ........add that to the west's all round interference in the Arabian area and you have plenty of ammo asto why these ****ers hate us so much........what is unbelievable is that european leaders have sat back for so long and watched their countries get slowly swamped by benefit claiming , multi spawning foreigners to the point where a lot of them are now over run by immigrants......oooohhh...is this a racist rant , or does the truth hurt..........???

So is getting out of their lands and stopping the bombing the answer? That way surely some, most or all of those people that are 'overrunning' european countries can go back to their homelands?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Despicable acts, carried out by despicable people, but I can't help but feel this outpouring of grief in wake of the Paris incidents is a sad reflection on the fact the west only care about attacks on itself, ISIS carry out attacks in the Middle East and nobody bats an eyelid, yet with this we have Cameron & other leaders essentially saying they will follow France into battle should they do so.

I don't know, I'm not trying to be controversial I just think it's sad that it takes the Paris attack for action to be discussed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here