Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Shìt that makes you feel old Volume I

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Realising that there are people on the road with driving licences who were born in 2004.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I'm 42 but my kids asked me what it was like 'in the olden days'.

I realised I'm old enough to be my work trainees dad.

I can't help but wake up after 6 hours sleep.

I don't know, nor do I care who the current celebrities are.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't know, nor do I care who the current celebrities are.

I'm not sure many of us ever did!

I rode my Lambretta to work this morning . . . . something I used to do every day come rain or shine, dark or light . . . It was more of an affordable necessity 30 years ago, very much an occaisional pleassure these days, not sure I could physically cope with 50 miles a day on a 60 year old shopping bike, every day all winter. :nono:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Oh, and Mrs Jakarta and I are going out today. Not to a Rave or even a Gig. RHS Wisley to look at the Autumn Colours. Rock and indeed Roll...

Chuckle. The missus and I still charge around the country going off cycling/hiking/kayaking, but nowadays look for an NT property with which to 'break the journey' and lower the average visitor age,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I now hate driving at night, especially in the rain. I love driving and have cars that are fun to drive but I really struggle with night driving now. My eyesight with glasses is fine so I am quite pissed off about this

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Online ‘influencers,’ basically freeloaders pandering to lemmings who apparently can’t think for themselves and who apparently need to be advised on how to dress, what food to buy, the right way to take a shit etc.

Less makes me feel old than makes me despair of society.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Do you still have the same one you used to bring round to Windlesham Gardens many moons ago? I'm sure that was you!

one I've had since '96, I think The Pressley household moved to Church St , in 98, Olly had long since left home so unlikely . . . . I do have another GP, the same as I had back in the late 80's/early90's . . . had several over the years.

rode again today . . . dark in the mornings now and starting to get a bit fresh round the edges. car next week I think! :rolleyes: GP's.jpg

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
one I've had since '96, I think The Pressley household moved to Church St , in 98, Olly had long since left home so unlikely . . . . I do have another GP, the same as I had back in the late 80's/early90's . . . had several over the years.
View attachment 129510

Nice! I'm Kate and Ems younger bro if you hadn't figured it out already... Alex 'The Head' as I was known to Olly/Daniel and their mates:lolol:

Just thinking about that makes me feel old!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Radio One, my younger staff have it on in the workshop, it’s crap basically.

TOTP couldn’t come back now, as the hit parade is a sham 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here