[Misc] Shìt that makes you feel old Volume I

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Just started watching The Sopranos, thinking I’ll watch something contemporary. It first aired in 1999. They’ve just got a shipment of the the latest technology in. DVD players.

As an aside, it hasn’t blown my socks off like everyone said it would but I’ll stick with it, it’s engaging enough.

How weird, exactly the same here. Started watching it about a month ago for the first time and although I'm enjoying it, am a bit under whelmed. Perhaps there's just been so much good tv that The Sopranos was at the start of?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I can't quite get my head round the fact 1990 was 30 years ago. 30 years before I was born WW2 was still in full swing and as a child that was ANCIENT history.

Other than that, knees.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Reminiscing about an attractive "older woman" I once met in a bar in Paris in the 80s. Catching a taxi back to her place in the suburbs for a night of passion, then spending most of the next day in bed with her punctuated by intermittent sleepy sex. Taking a photo of her naked as she brings me a late breakfast in bed in the afternoon. Getting up and going for a walk with her before saying goodbye after exchanging addresses to let her know the next time I was in Paris. Then realising fu** me! She'd be bloody 80 now!

😂
Made me think of my own Mrs Robinson moment.
I was 23, she was late 30s, and it all happened on the night Princess Diana died. She’d be nearly 60 now 😂

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Found myself in Dunhelm this morning buying curtains. My days of youth are truly over

Also I was discussing Duran Duran with my colleagues last week, not one of them knew what I was talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar, the twentysomethings at my previous work thought I was taking the Mick when Showaddywaddy was mentioned, then they brought me tickets to one of their gigs as a gift when I left. (only a couple of years ago).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How weird, exactly the same here. Started watching it about a month ago for the first time and although I'm enjoying it, am a bit under whelmed. Perhaps there's just been so much good tv that The Sopranos was at the start of?

It's also possible that there's been so much hype about The Sopranos that it's got a lot to live up to. I'd also say that it definitely gets better in later series (still don't think it's as good as The Wire)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's also possible that there's been so much hype about The Sopranos that it's got a lot to live up to. I'd also say that it definitely gets better in later series (still don't think it's as good as The Wire)

Yes, definitely that too. Although I'd never watched it until recently I had always thought of it as 'The greatest TV series ever made' from what others had said. Haven't watched The Wire either...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
😂
Made me think of my own Mrs Robinson moment.
I was 23, she was late 30s, and it all happened on the night Princess Diana died. She’d be nearly 60 now 😂

camilla-parker-bowles-9542218-1-402.jpg

:ohmy:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trying to describe something and being unable to remember/find the word or phrase I want. This happens more often than I would like these days :down:

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Seeing girls in their late teens/early 20s all dressed up for a night out and all I really think is 'how can they be warm enough in that, they're going to freeze later' and be genuinely worried

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
A big one for me was the age of players. I remember comparing myself to certain players and liking the idea that some were around the same age as me. Then suddenly I was older than all the players and am now looking at some managers who are younger than me. So what next? To whom should I look for an age comparison? Members of the House of Lords? Captains of industry? Popes?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When you walk past a Lakeland store and find yourself glancing through the window, contemplating how very useful some of the gadgets look.

Also, last Friday night, I stayed in and watched Gardeners' World.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When sex, drugs and rock and roll get replaced by gardening, a cup of coffee and a bit of peace and quiet :wink:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A big one for me was the age of players. I remember comparing myself to certain players and liking the idea that some were around the same age as me. Then suddenly I was older than all the players and am now looking at some managers who are younger than me. So what next? To whom should I look for an age comparison? Members of the House of Lords? Captains of industry? Popes?

For me it's the realisation that I am older than a couple of PL managers, and my son is only a few years younger than the likes of Lamptey...

...also, that I'm older than the Chancellor of the Exchequer!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What makes me feel old? Waking up? Every bone in my legs and especially my feet are agony and that's before they hit the carpet. To think I used to play and train 4/5 times a week and do mad stuff like jog across busy roads.... :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The first time your barber asks if you'd like your eyebrows trimmed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Banning flasks was bad enough

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Twinging my back while doing up shoe laces or sneezing. Looking for my reading glasses while they are on the top of head. Explaining to my next door neighbours son who is in his 20's what a minidisk is. Being intererested in an advert on FB showing a gadget that helps with open bottle and jar tops.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Looking in the rear view mirror and gasping as it would appear that a 14 year old is driving the car behind you.

Counter acting the onset of old age I'm very proud to say that you will not find me at weekends spending anytime in garden centres or DIY stores.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Reminiscing, repeating yourself, groaning getting up, still saying ten bob for 50p, repeating yourself, going to work the same time my kids are coming in from a night out, telling the granddaughter to watch the video, wishing high waisters were still a thing when trying to tuck my stomach in, repeating myself, going into a room to get something nut not remembering what, intolerance of others whilst doing pretty much anything. Being totally in sync with what my wife of 37 years is thinking.....that bit is really scary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports