Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Shìt that makes you feel old Volume I

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nice! I'm Kate and Ems younger bro if you hadn't figured it out already... Alex 'The Head' as I was known to Olly/Daniel and their mates:lolol:

Just thinking about that makes me feel old!

Hi Alex, I trust your driving skills have improved a bit since then :lolol:

I feel old . . .this is Olly and I jammping @ Windlesham Gardens, 1988! olly-joe-88.jpg

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Hi Alex, I trust your driving skills have improved a bit since then :lolol:

I feel old . . .this is Olly and I jammping @ Windlesham Gardens, 1988!

Oooosh up in the top room! Yes, I took driving lessons and actually got a license since that incident :facepalm: That wall still bears the scars I see....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I now hate driving at night, especially in the rain. I love driving and have cars that are fun to drive but I really struggle with night driving now. My eyesight with glasses is fine so I am quite pissed off about this

This! What’s it all about? :clap:

I now have younger drivers up my backside, I’m going slower because I can’t see as far ahead especially in rain and blinding headlights coming the other way on unlit country roads. I used to be them, shouting hurry up granddad impatiently as I drove behind them. Now it’s me slowing down the traffic and yet my eyesight is perfect with glasses on!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This! What’s it all about? :clap:

I now have younger drivers up my backside, I’m going slower because I can’t see as far ahead especially in rain and blinding headlights coming the other way on unlit country roads. I used to be them, shouting hurry up granddad impatiently as I drove behind them. Now it’s me slowing down the traffic and yet my eyesight is perfect with glasses on!

Yep, it’s fecking annoying isn’t it?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yep, it’s fecking annoying isn’t it?

I've recently had a Carlos Fandango full eye tsest, now have my first reading glasses, fortunately, past 1m from the end of my nose all is good . . . I like driving, so will be most annoyed if my night vision starts going. One of the most exciting things I've ever done is race at LeMans in the dark.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've recently had a Carlos Fandango full eye tsest, now have my first reading glasses, fortunately, past 1m from the end of my nose all is good . . . I like driving, so will be most annoyed if my night vision starts going. One of the most exciting things I've ever done is race at LeMans in the dark.

I think it may be the candle light bulbs on my Alfas that are the problem. I cannot tell you how annoying it is to turn from wannabe boy racer in daylight to Driving Miss Daisy at night :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excitedly going to the record store to buy one of the new Kraftwerk re-issues and getting home and realising I had mistakenly bought Radioactivity instead of Computer World. They both have yellow covers but that’s where the similarities end. There’s absolutely no way I’d have done this in my younger days. I’m not sure what failed here, eyesight or brain or maybe both?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Excitedly going to the record store to buy one of the new Kraftwerk re-issues and getting home and realising I had mistakenly bought Radioactivity instead of Computer World. They both have yellow covers but that’s where the similarities end. There’s absolutely no way I’d have done this in my younger days. I’m not sure what failed here, eyesight or brain or maybe both?

Going to the record shop to buy records is telling enough these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here