Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherry's, Pink Coconut, Paradox etc......

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Great days Sherrys. Knew a few of the Bouncers.. always let in. Fab
King and Queen with the Beer Kellar next door in the basement. Wow- there were a few fights in there

Bonsoir Club, Kings, and that all day drinking Club by palmeira square near the seafront- a right dive, but you could get drinks after hours before all day opening

Stroods Motel... Cinderellas, Birds Nest all great fun

Those were the days..... retirment looms. Ah well.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Great days Sherrys. Knew a few of the Bouncers.. always let in. Fab
King and Queen with the Beer Kellar next door in the basement. Wow- there were a few fights in there

Bonsoir Club, Kings, and that all day drinking Club by palmeira square near the seafront- a right dive, but you could get drinks after hours before all day opening

Stroods Motel... Cinderellas, Birds Nest all great fun

Those were the days..... retirment looms. Ah well.
Hockleys or somthing like that towards Hove Nihgtmare !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
West st in the 80s was like the Wild West !

That it was....even busier when Albion played the big teams....seemed to miss that aspect during the Withdean years

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As a big tourist and clubbing town why has the building/disco never been used by one of the 'names' by which I mean Cream, Ministry etc? There must be a huge market for these big name DJ's.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a big tourist and clubbing town why has the building/disco never been used by one of the 'names' by which I mean Cream, Ministry etc? There must be a huge market for these big name DJ's.

Same reason that big bands rarely play Brighton, they can mop up the entire South East market with a few gigs at the 02.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Same reason that big bands rarely play Brighton, they can mop up the entire South East market with a few gigs at the 02.
Granted, but other than FBS playing the beach or concord 2 we don't get the Ibiza club DJ. Now the 10's of thousands of £££££££ they want probably puts most club owners off but didn't someone play the Centre a few years back till 5 am and pack the place despite expensive tickets.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sherrys in the week was grab a granny night. I remeber the ice ring before it became the top rank suite full of skin heads and smoothies. The ice rink was shit as ice hockey was lost when SSBrighton was closed and I can remeber watching at Christmas the wizard of oz on ice pantomime at the SS Brighton. 60s70s 80s a bit of a blur know. :facepalm:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Went to all three of its incarnations...does that make me a real Brightonian?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Despite being born and brought up in Brighton,I've never been to the place in any of its three guises. Does this make me less of a Brightonian?

Same here. It never gelled with my musical taste or sartorial style, and I was never a fighter, so my skinny self gravitated towards the Hungry Years, then the Vault, Alhambra, Art school basement, etc.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Who remembers 'Boo Boo's' disco opp the old Goldstone, myself and a few mates ended up in the A+E afterwards having glass removed from our faces, all started by 2 women having a fight on the dance floor ffs!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Who remembers 'Boo Boo's' disco opp the old Goldstone, myself and a few mates ended up in the A+E afterwards having glass removed from our faces, all started by 2 women having a fight on the dance floor ffs!

That was in the Sackville now the Hove Park Tavern. Went there a few times myself.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Same here. It never gelled with my musical taste or sartorial style, and I was never a fighter, so my skinny self gravitated towards the Hungry Years, then the Vault, Alhambra, Art school basement, etc.

I didn't really fit in at the Years either, but it was a decent place - at least there was never any trouble there. Loved the Alhambra though - saw plenty of decent bands there. I was never a fighter either, so was never really attracted to the idea of Sherry's etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here