Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherry's, Pink Coconut, Paradox etc......

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sherry's was the first nightclub I ever went in, early 70s. Seriously underage, my two mates (who were 17 !) managed to talk the door staff into letting me in. I believe the line 'he's Jimmy Clitheroe's younger brother may have been used.

I remember the pile of rifled handbags in the corner of the Gents, a fight breaking out with someone going over the edge of the balcony, and me thinking 'so this is a nightclub - BRILLIANT :lolol:'

I'd managed to 'progress' to the Hungry Years and get permanently banned by Peppa all by the time I had turned 17. Long before the days of ID :thumbsup:

I got banned from the Hungry Years too. That woman was a nutter. A friend of mine was chucked down the stairs by the bouncers there on his birthday, breaking his arm.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Ha Ha - " George Brown to the Dance floor Please, George Brown to the Dance floor", anyone?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was Seven Stars many years back, think it’s called that now, not sure what it was called before Helsinki.

Henekeys was at the coast end of Ship Street, now Hotel Du Vin.

My Grandad, a carpenter and joiner, came to Brighton in the inter-war years for work and worked on Henekey’s which opened in 1933.

In the 1990’s it became the Berlin Bar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I got banned from the Hungry Years too. That woman was a nutter. A friend of mine was chucked down the stairs by the bouncers there on his birthday, breaking his arm.

What years are we talking about here? I mean anno domini, rather than Hungry :facepalm:

I went back there in the 90s when I was in Brighton for a science meeting and it was exactly the same. Same decor, same owner/barman. Same 70s music. Weird.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fancy asking the name of that pub on an Albion forum :lolol::lolol:

Walk of shame for Zef

I was 16 and ********d on HOlsten . . .big place, stage at the back, bogs behind the stage . . . I gigged there when it was Helsinkis, its was shit compared to its previous sticky carpet incarnation . .. . .

Henekeys, before my time, became the old ship? And had a club upstairs ( bubblegum factory ;-) ) and the basement was the Cavern in the mid 80's, where the scooterboys met, my first proper foray into Brighton on my scooter when I was 16 on a Wednesday evening.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Ha Ha, no not the Fulham connection. Never thought of that one. Have a closer look at my Avatar. It's an album cover by the so called hard core troubador, Steve Earle. A man of 7 wives - so far. Remember Copperhead Road? Possibly one of the greatest living song writers in the last 50 years. Check out almost any of his umpteen albums.
Shame! COYW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here