Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
we must turn up positive Monday and make more noise than ever before its been a great season lets try n lift the players an early goal and anything can happen

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agre Nick. Massive were shite. Against 10 men, half of whom were reserves or not played for months, they created very little. Unfortunately for us parking the bus away from home is their speciality. I predict 0-0 on Monday at best.

Exactly. Did anyone else feel that Carvalhal dribbling on at such length about his philosophy of football was someone at odds with the 11-men-behind-the-ball reality of Massive's last appearance at the Amex?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I am absolutely shell shocked. Centre forward and centre half off on 36 minutes. Centre mid and playmaker/genius off just after half time. They should have buried us. They almost did. Stupidly they have given us half a life line. Question is, who is available for the second leg.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
In the circumstances and desperate luck keeping it to two down is a great performance. Thought we were superb last fifteen mins. Everyone needs to man the f up and be the twelfth man Monday. Everyone must sing! Let's do this!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Bookies odds make SWFC 5x more likely than us to go up. But what do they know?

They don't usually get it wrong. I'm as depressed as I've ever been tonight so I'm off to bed in the hope that it will look better in the morning. I'm still banking on us keeping the squad together and winning this league next season.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The use of the word Muppet shows what a low life negative attitude you have regarding sport. See you at the Amex or not troll.
I don't need to justify myself muppet.... been there bought the t shirt many times.... this poor luck and poor decision making is a drag for sure... we wot qualify... Dunk sending off against Derby precipitated the usual bad luck.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agre Nick. Massive were shite. Against 10 men, half of whom were reserves or not played for months, they created very little. Unfortunately for us parking the bus away from home is their speciality. I predict 0-0 on Monday at best.

Never have the team needed the fans as much as they do on Monday. With three days rest it will come down to players running on adrenaline. Assuming the injured 4 are out it's 4-2-3-1 for me. Kayal and Rosenior with KLL, Skalak and Murphy ahead of them and Wilson up top. I'm done with Baldock.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Biased by sky, if we do somehow win the game vs sheff wednesday we should just do no interviews and go, they let that guy natter on and on and on and on, no mention about that we lost 4 yes 4, of our best players Hemed top scorer, Goldson young player of year (all ready missing Dunk our centre back pairing) Knockhart our top winger with top skills, Stephens already banned, Sidwell.
What team would have a chance of centre back pairing gone, central midfield pairing gone, Top forwards gone in Zamora and Hemed, our skilful winger Knockhart gone, i really think the players worked socks off apart from Wilson, we didnt play badly we just had no chance to play our game.

Reading through some of the stuff on here makes me think I have a different understanding of the word "bottle" to some. To me it means backing out because of lack of courage. I hardly think anyone could accuse us of that tonight - far from it, down to 10 men with 30 mins plus to go and 6 key players out!!!!!

And Chris Hughton on Sky just now - the height of dignity and calm. It would be hard to go through on Monday, but not impossible.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I am absolutely shell shocked. Centre forward and centre half off on 36 minutes. Centre mid and playmaker/genius off just after half time. They should have buried us. They almost did. Stupidly they have given us half a life line. Question is, who is available for the second leg.

The real question is, what has happened to us?

We were poor again tonight before the injuries. Where has our mojo gone?

kelownaseagull

Sep 13, 2003
BC Canada
Just got off the plane in Calgary and waiting to catch the flight to London.

Just been reading through what happened in the second half in disbelief!

But I'm still coming to get behind the team. Taller order? Absolutely. Has this team proved us wrong all year? You bet.

BUT, we still have 90 minutes to turn this around. Let's get at them!

UTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan.2005 CL Final.Liverpool win on pens after being 0-3 down.

Milan 4-1 Deportivo. First Leg of CL knock-out. Deportivo 4-0 Milan.Return leg.

Spurs 3-5 Man U after being 0-3 down.

I could go on and on.

Believe.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As a successful manager once said "First is everything, second is nowhere". Karanka and Carvalhal and their players appear to be focused on the prize, not Corinthian pride.

Oh, let's not even bother turning up then. Could we put out the women's team for a laugh?

You may not have noticed, but we had several fairly important people missing by about a third of the way through the second half. That actually makes life quite difficult. Do you think CH orchestrated all the injuries?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here