Shaun Williams?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
MK Dons fan here.

Williams is a class act. He will do very well for you, I'm sure.

He joined us as a midfielder but for the last two seasons has played mostly at centre back. He's not the biggest or strongest but makes up for that because he's a such a good reader of the game. He tackles well but his biggest strength is his footballing ability. We like to play out from the back and it nearly always goes through him.

He takes all our attacking free kicks and penalties.

I'm pretty sure other Championship teams have been interested in the past but he's stayed because Karl Robinson convinced him we could get promotion. That's unlikely again this year so it's right he moves up a level.

I hope you get him and not Millwall. You'll be getting a quality footballer.

Thanks for the positive and magnanimous posting fella.

PG

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Can I also add Alan Pardew and Nigel Adkins to your list.

Of course. I can't stand Redknapp either, goes without saying, but I have to say that he, Pardew and Adkins just strike me as comedy figures really. They're laughable. Whereas Davies, Robinson and Evans are people I suspect I'd dislike intensely if I ever met any of them. They're just obnoxious.

dons50

Jan 24, 2014
Never having met an MK fan before, can I just use this moment to say Karl Robinson is a whiney, obnoxious little arse, right up there with Billy Davies and Steve Evans in the (short) list of managers I can't stand?

Maybe.

He's got a bit to learn about how he projects himself and how he comes across.

He's got us playing good football, a bit naiive perhaps at times, but he will be very successful.

It is fair to say he divides opinion amongst our fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course. I can't stand Redknapp either, goes without saying, but I have to say that he, Pardew and Adkins just strike me as comedy figures really. They're laughable. Whereas Davies, Robinson and Evans are people I suspect I'd dislike intensely if I ever met any of them. They're just obnoxious.

That grouping is a TINY bit harsh on Robinson IMO. Davies and Evans are really NASTY f-ckers. Robinson is in the 'smug, self-satisfied prick' group, with Eddie Howe.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I like Eddie Howe. I'm also inclined to agree with our new MK fan friend re Mr Robinson. Certainly not in the Steve Evans league for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Presumably with 'wall now back from their warm weather break Williams will talk to Ollie over the weekend and decide.
Hopefully we will know by Monday/Tuesday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That grouping is a TINY bit harsh on Robinson IMO. Davies and Evans are really NASTY f-ckers. Robinson is in the 'smug, self-satisfied prick' group, with Eddie Howe.

Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe you're right.

I don't like him at all. But I suppose it's just essentially whingey-ness and delusions (remember that time we walked League One and he decided MK were as good if not better than us?). Howe is a little weasel too. Flutters his long eyelashes and twinkles his blue eyes and everyone in the media decides he's just lovely and couldn't possibly have any sort of agenda or sly angle to his post-match comments.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe you're right.

I don't like him at all. But I suppose it's just essentially whingey-ness and delusions (remember that time we walked League One and he decided MK were as good if not better than us?). Howe is a little weasel too. Flutters his long eyelashes and twinkles his blue eyes and everyone in the media decides he's just lovely and couldn't possibly have any sort of agenda or sly angle to his post-match comments.

It was the MK chairman who thought the MK team were better than our L1 champions, wasn't it?
I think EH comes across rather well in his interviews, the silver-tongued bar steward! ;-)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
MK Dons fan here.

He joined us as a midfielder but for the last two seasons has played mostly at centre back. He's not the biggest or strongest but makes up for that because he's a such a good reader of the game. He tackles well but his biggest strength is his footballing ability. We like to play out from the back and it nearly always goes through him.

I'm pretty sure other Championship teams have been interested in the past but he's stayed because Karl Robinson convinced him we could get promotion. That's unlikely again this year so it's right he moves up a level.

Worth a punt

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
MK Dons fan here.

Sounds promising. Thanks for the review. Encouraging to be linked with a player and not have them slagged off by their current team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was the MK chairman who thought the MK team were better than our L1 champions, wasn't it?

No. It was Robinson.

I think EH comes across rather well in his interviews, the silver-tongued bar steward! ;-)

He comes across all sweetness and light, yes.

And then he sends out his team for 90 minutes of cynical tackling, gamesmanship, time wasting and all-round ****ishness. His blue-eyed-boy act is all part of the show.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I may be a girl but you're a f**king idiot.

Sorry. That was perhaps a bit naughty of me. Interesting that I was right though.

All I was getting at, is that some people (not only girls) only notice what the guy looks like and the manner in which he says stuff, rather than what he actually says and does.

He is a snide.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, it was Karl - the year after we were promoted, he said they were as good as we had been a year earlier. Some Brighton fans (inc me) don't like him because of it, but in his defense, they were the one team that did well against us that year, so he had a distorted view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports